Curl-pattern confused @[email protected]

3Rotini3Rotini Posts: 12Registered Users
My hair is made up of a bunch of different curl patterns. The bottom third of it is 2A, as opposed to the rest of my hair, which is more 2C. But I have clumps of curls ranging from 3C-ish to almost pin straight. So when I wear my hair up or half up, it can look really weird with all the different textures. How do I get my curl pattern to be more consistent? Thanks!
2C, Armpit length, Medium/Fine Texture, Low porosity

Shampoo: None Currently
Conditioiner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Gel: IC Fantasia Hair Gel w/ Sparkle Lites
Hairspray: Aussie Sydney Smooth 12hr Anti-Humidity spray

Comments

• EveAmberRoseEveAmberRose Posts: 3Registered Users
    I'm actually curious about whether you've had any chemical processes done that might have grown out causing the bottom to flatten a bit, or if you mean the underlayers of your hair is straighter, because that's common for a few hair types. Also anywhere you have layers put in will curl more, gravity can straighten hair out...etc. But one way I've tried to create a more uniform pattern in my hair has been to blow dry my hair using a diffuser and low heat/speed while my hair is laying on the ground, using my hand to hold the parts close to my head so they aren't being pulled straight by my hair's weight. If you have shorter hair then you can use your hands to support your hair while you scrunch in some gel. Over time my hair went from being a curl grab bag to having a similar texture everywhere as I tweaked my regimen. Check over your regimen and see if you're using anything that would weigh your hair down to cause the differences. Also remember that curls seem to have variety naturally, so perhaps use the most predominant pattern for now.
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair is a mix as well. My crown is nearly straight, the nape is tight spirals, and the rest is looser waves with spirals.

You can look into using a curl cream or a gel that might help even things out a bit for you.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • 3Rotini3Rotini Posts: 12Registered Users
    I'm actually curious about whether you've had any chemical processes done that might have grown out causing the bottom to flatten a bit, or if you mean the underlayers of your hair is straighter, because that's common for a few hair types. Also anywhere you have layers put in will curl more, gravity can straighten hair out...etc. But one way I've tried to create a more uniform pattern in my hair has been to blow dry my hair using a diffuser and low heat/speed while my hair is laying on the ground, using my hand to hold the parts close to my head so they aren't being pulled straight by my hair's weight. If you have shorter hair then you can use your hands to support your hair while you scrunch in some gel. Over time my hair went from being a curl grab bag to having a similar texture everywhere as I tweaked my regimen. Check over your regimen and see if you're using anything that would weigh your hair down to cause the differences. Also remember that curls seem to have variety naturally, so perhaps use the most predominant pattern for now.

Nope, I've never had anything like that done. It makes sense that the shorter layers of my hair would curl up more, definitely, but I still think that there is some natural variation in my curl pattern. Thanks for the suggestion! :3
    CurlyGrey3 wrote: »
    My hair is a mix as well. My crown is nearly straight, the nape is tight spirals, and the rest is looser waves with spirals.

You can look into using a curl cream or a gel that might help even things out a bit for you.

That's a good idea. :] What I'm using right now helps to get things a little more consistent. It's just hard to bump that bottom layer up to more than slightly wavy.
    2C, Armpit length, Medium/Fine Texture, Low porosity

Shampoo: None Currently
    Conditioiner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Gel: IC Fantasia Hair Gel w/ Sparkle Lites
    Hairspray: Aussie Sydney Smooth 12hr Anti-Humidity spray

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file