Seattle Curlies???

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Jim and I are planning a trip to Seattle July 19th and will be there for the weekend. We need some hotel suggestions and also sites we should visit. He's never been there and I was there probably 20 years ago. I know I enjoyed Pike's Market, the Aquarium, and the Space Needle. It would be nice to be within walking distance, but the hotel prices will probably be pretty steep. We do use hotelstonight.com and that helps. We will have a rental car, so we can drive. I'd appreciate any suggestions from those who live there and those who have visited. TIA!
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    What is your budget?
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    We'd like to stay under $200 per night on the room, if possible.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    I did a quick look and downtown hotels that weekend are all way more than $200. One place that kept popping up was the Mediterranean Inn for $169. The reviews are mostly really good. I've known people who stayed there for corporate housing and they liked it a lot.

It's not a luxury hotel but the location is excellent. It's in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood just north of downtown, where the Space Needle is. It's a bustling neighborhood with lots of restaurants and little shops. If you were up for a walk, it's about 1.5 miles to Pike Place Market. However, the buses go right there and a cab ride is less than $10.

If you see anything else out there that you want an opinion on, just let me know. Two places you might see that I wouldn't recommend over the Mediterranean Inn are the Holiday Inn Express and the Seattle Pacific Hotel. Both are located on a major highway.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I'd really love to go to the Chihuly gallery:

Chihuly Garden and Glass | View the artwork of Dale Chihuly in Seattle
    Thanks, Mrspoppers. I emailed this to Jim to consider. Looks great to me.

Mad Scientist, I'd love to see this display as well. Something to add to my list of things to do.
    From Michael Berg:

I haven't been yet but I hear it's great.

That weekend is the Bite of Seattle at the Seattle Center, so you might want to check that out if you end up staying in that neighborhood. There's also the new ferris wheel on the waterfront, which I hear is fun for tourists. Other touristy things I enjoy:
    Underground Seattle
    The Aquarium (totally new since you were there)
    Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island or Bremerton for lunch

I like the Pike Place Market weekdays in the winter but the summer crowds are too much for me. It can't hurt to check it out though.

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Thanks again, Mrspoppers. It's so great to have this site to come to instead of trying to google all this stuff.
    From Michael Berg:

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    The Boeing Museum of Flight is supposed to be great too.

We are in the Seattle area probably every other month but I haven't done a proper sightseeing visit in ages. It wasn't until I read the Alaska Airlines inflight magazine last month that I had even heard of the Chihuly gallery or the ferris wheel!
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    Lotsa, what's the chance I could meet you both for a drink?
    That would be awesome!!! I'll PM you my cell # and give me yours and we'll definitely meet up.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file