Where do you like to buy dress pants?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
I just checked out Ann Taylor Loft, J Crew Outlet and Banana Republic online, looking specifically at sales and wow :shock: ...Have their prices gone up by about $10 on everything? (is it just me or was there a discernible inflation uptick recently?)

I would like to get some slacks that should remain looking decent for two years, and not spend more than $45. Maybe that's asking too much.

I'm curious overall where everyone likes to get theirs though.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I usually buy dress pants at Nordstrom. They're not $45 but they hold up well and don't have to be dry cleaned. How long they last will depend on how much you wear them and how often you wash them. The Nordstrom anniversary sale is next month if you can wait that long. Otherwise, maybe try JCP or a Macy's one day sale.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I like Express Editor pants. They are $69 regular price but there's always some promotion or another going on in thatb store.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am petite so there are only so many places I can go. But I would agree with the recommendations of Macy's and JCP. Kohl's and Target may be worth checking out too. I love Loft also.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Most of my pants have come from either Kohls or consignment stores. At those consignment stores, I gravitate toward Talbots or Chicos pants.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    NY & Co, they usually have some sort of sale on
    JCP
    Kohls
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I like Express Editor pants. They are $69 regular price but there's always some promotion or another going on in thatb store.

Yep - they are the only ones I buy.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Banana Republic outlet.

I shop the sale section during the % off sales. I can find pants that are marked down to $40-50 plus 50% off. I've even gotten items as cheap as $8. I try to get as many in my size as I can.

I don't know when the next sale is. Sign up for their emails. They usually have them at Labor day, Memorial day, Presidents day, etc. They might have one fourth of july 4th.

New york and Co
    And I shop coupons and sales

Limited
    I shop their 40% clearance sale. The pants are marked down to $25. The 40% of makes them about $15.

HTH!
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I recently bought a couple pairs of skinny black pants at the Gap. They're machine washable, and perfect for work for me (business casual environment, but not particularly stuffy).

I hadn't found anything I liked at the Gap in years before this!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like Banana Republic for dress pants...but they are about $100.

If I wanted something of inexpensive, I might try Style & Co at Macy's. Possibly Apt 9 at Kohl's or ANA at JCPenney.

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,406Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lately limited and express, they always fit pretty well. I need the longs though that they don't always have. They are pretty cheap, usually 30-40 on sale, otherwise originally 70-80.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I've mainly gotten dress pants at thrift stores and clothing swaps the last few years. If you go to a thrift store in a wealthy area, you won't believe how many Banana Republic, Express, Ann Taylor and other mid range and high end things are there. Also, a couple of friends of mine have since turned me on to clothing swaps. You bring items you don't want and swap them for stuff you do want. Some are free, others charge a nominal admission fee of $5 or $10. The clothes themselves are free. And people often bring the aforementioned high end things to those too. I'm never paying retail again.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,729Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i've had some luck when the higher end brands at Sears go on sale.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Always@night[email protected] Posts: 566Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Macy's, I love the black slim legges dress pants. I have about 10 identical pairs.
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another one here for Express (editor pants!!!) and NY&Co. They're especially good if you're curvy with a big booty.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ann Taylor.
    They are expensive at regular price but if you go to the sales rack you can get something cheap. That is what I always go for and I have about 10 pairs of them. I never pay more than 50.

They have a 40% sale every once in a while, if you get their emails and keep checking them,you can find them. Their problem is that they are dry clean, which I use Dryel for.

For years I used to get pants at The Limited and loved them but my body doesn't look good in them anymore. They are too low cut for my muffin top tummy so I don't buy them anymore. They are very nice though and the price is not bad.

I wish I could find nice washable dress pants, which The Limited fit the bill.. I am still searching.
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    I've mainly gotten dress pants at thrift stores and clothing swaps the last few years. If you go to a thrift store in a wealthy area, you won't believe how many Banana Republic, Express, Ann Taylor and other mid range and high end things are there. Also, a couple of friends of mine have since turned me on to clothing swaps. You bring items you don't want and swap them for stuff you do want. Some are free, others charge a nominal admission fee of $5 or $10. The clothes themselves are free. And people often bring the aforementioned high end things to those too. I'm never paying retail again.

I live in a high end area that doesn't have many stores but a couple of consignment shops. I actually have had to STOP going to them because while I was buying lovely dressed, I was spending more than I normally do at TJ Maxx or Marshalls! The other day I walked out with a $150 bag that I would never buy otherwise. Yes, it's nice but that wasn't the point of going to the consignment shop. One shop that I found has those red-bottom shoes from Christian Louboutin. Geez!
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    violets wrote: »
    Ann Taylor.
    They are expensive at regular price but if you go to the sales rack you can get something cheap. That is what I always go for and I have about 10 pairs of them. I never pay more than 50.

They have a 40% sale every once in a while, if you get their emails and keep checking them,you can find them. Their problem is that they are dry clean, which I use Dryel for.

For years I used to get pants at The Limited and loved them but my body doesn't look good in them anymore. They are too low cut for my muffin top tummy so I don't buy them anymore. They are very nice though and the price is not bad.

I wish I could find nice washable dress pants, which The Limited fit the bill.. I am still searching.
    This is why I like the Nordstrom dress pants. They are washable and hold up well. Nordstrom also does free alterations. I usually buy them at the Anniversary Sale in July.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Ann Taylor. They fit me the best and are well made. I buy online from the sale section and only with a good coupon.
    I like their tops too, they are having a good sale at the moment, it ends today I think. 40% off sale PLUS 50% off tops. I got two nice casual tops one for $10 and another for $16, plus a cute necklace for 14 (orig. $48!)
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
    I gotta get on this sale bandwagon bc it doesn't make any sense for me to drop $100 for a pair of pants when you are all spending $10. LOL

Do you get email alerts or get them sent to your home or use a phone app or what? I habr subsribed to The BR email but it seems they rarely have sales...

The Limited has pants on sale right now, $25 and up
    I gotta get on this sale bandwagon bc it doesn't make any sense for me to drop $100 for a pair of pants when you are all spending $10. LOL

Do you get email alerts or get them sent to your home or use a phone app or what? I habr subsribed to The BR email but it seems they rarely have sales...

I subscribe, see it by chance and I talk to the salespeople. They are very helpful if they know that a sale is coming up
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Subscribe. Ann Taylor often has 40-60% off either regular or sale items. Banana Republic Factory Store also has really good sales and coupons, but not as frequent.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
    20130619_BRFSUS_FLASH_B.jpg
    gap_outlet_box_v30.jpgbr_factory_box_v30.jpg

The actual code is SAVE30. I can't seem to copy the image. This for Gap and Banana Republic outlet
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wherever I can find some that do not have pleats and look good on. I hate shopping for dress pants, with a passion. When I do find some that I like, I normally buy them in a few different colors and do not bother shopping for them again until I have to.

I don't know what the difference is, but I seem to have better luck with pant suits. Most come with a straight or wide leg trouser, which I like much better, and I've found those at Ann Taylor/BR and some local boutiques.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    Wherever I can find some that do not have pleats and look good on. I hate shopping for dress pants, with a passion. When I do find some that I like, I normally buy them in a few different colors and do not bother shopping for them again until I have to.

I don't know what the difference is, but I seem to have better luck with pant suits. Most come with a straight or wide leg trouser, which I like much better, and I've found those at Ann Taylor/BR and some local boutiques.

The waist band and front fly plakcet on suit pants are less well designed than on stand alone trousers.

awww, thanks, scrills!

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    The only place I've been shopping for the last few years is Stein Mart. I love the quality of the clothing and the prices. Some days there is nothing in the store I like and other days I want everything. I rarely pay over $40 for anything in the store. Recently I paid $4 for a pair of slacks and I get so many compliments on them.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file