We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Today was my first successful(ish) CG day!!!

kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Neophyte
2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Lovely hair and super cute smile!
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lovely hair and super cute smile!

Thank you!! :)
    2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
    Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    I'm glad things are going better. I will say I don't think it's a good idea to keep track of your hair this intensely. It's like stepping on a scale everyday when your trying to loose weight. I think you'll see a lot of variation right now and it may not all be directly connected to what you're doing.
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    Honestly, your hair looks in great shape and not dry and if you're having issues with limpness it means you're overconditioned, and you probably don't need to cowash. Just find a gentle low-poo you like, and make sure you're getting protein!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @jessiebanana: you're probably right... And if I didn't experiment with so many things I probably wouldn't even bother. I wonder if im better off sticking to just a few things and not experimenting so much

@wavydaze: Ty! I think when it was limp it was from too heavy conditioners but in real life my hair doesn't look so healthy (I think maybe the flash makes it look shinier?). It's actually bleached and dry :( my hair has been reacting very well to protein though!
    Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BRoberts0107BRoberts0107 Posts: 21Registered Users
    kaykre wrote: »
    @jessiebanana: you're probably right... And if I didn't experiment with so many things I probably wouldn't even bother. I wonder if im better off sticking to just a few things and not experimenting so much

I'm just over three weeks in, and at first I tried something completely new every day. I started a journal for myself to keep track of every combination, and even the details of when I scrunched with a towel, when I squeezed out water, yadda yadda. But now I've figured out a couple things, and I don't change so much every day. It was a natural and gradual change for me as I figured out what works. I'm optimistic that soon I'll do the same thing two days in a row! :)
    Beth Started CG May 22, 2013
    2C low porosity(?), high density, medium-coarse
    Summer dew points: 65 - 75F
    • No-poo: Suave Naturals
    • RO: Matrix Total Results Moisture
    • LI/Sealer: SheaMoisture C&H Style Milk
    • Style: AG Re:coil and Biolage Gelee
    My daily CG journal: www.curlygirlresolution.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights