CurlTalk

Name a fashion trend you find puzzling or ugly

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I don't see the wild attraction of skulls. Everywhere I look I see skulls on scarves, skulls on shoes, sculls hanging around people's necks. ??? What's the attraction? I don't get it.

What fashion trend makes you go? :dontknow:
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I heard overalls are making a comeback.... :protest:
    3c/4a
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Mc hammer pants
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Car wash-type skirts or the skirts that are short in front but long in back. Yes, skulls too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • HouseofcurlsHouseofcurls Posts: 322Registered Users
    Neon. Not my thing. The shirts that are short in the front and long in back. The Native American prints on clothes. Geometric shapes like that. Not cute, IMO.
    Rae ~ 2c/3a ~
    Wife to a 3c Curly Guy
    Mom to a straight and a curly.

"The Longer the Hair, the Bigger the Blob."

Porous, very dense but fine hair. Medium everything else.
    CoWash: Tressemee naturals
    RO: Generic biolage and generic joico k-pak
    LI: Tresemee
    Miss Jessie's Pillow soft curls, diffuse 50%, add KCCC and diffuse to 80%.
    Always wash upside down.
  • Ms.CabernetMs.Cabernet Posts: 137Registered Users
    Animal print on some items. Not a big fan, especially in shoes, pants or an entire dress. I can have a leopard or zebra printed scarf, though.
  • KarimaKarima Posts: 36Registered Users
    The moustache accessories and the black and white horizontal stripe trousers!

Sent from my HTC One X using CurlTalk App
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    The shirts that are short in the front and long in back.

This, and skirts/dresses with asymmetric hems. I can't tell you how many times I've been drawn to a dress from a few feet away and then it was totally blown for me because of this trend.

I got as far as trying one on the other day because I loved the print so much, but I just couldn't get past the hem style in the end.

...It will probably grow on me once it's on the way out.

I do think this is kind of cute :lol:

Bohemia%20Asymmetric%20Hem%20Maxi%20Dress.jpg
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    This. The hi-low hem trend. WTF. It's not attractive at all. IMO.
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    It's way past time for the mullet dress/skirt to die. HATE THEM! I don't mind it in some shirts. I can remember those shirts being in stores in the 90's. One of my friends had a cute long sleeved one. It was simple, made from a cotton blend, and looked good with jeans and boots on a cool-ish fall day. The skirt or dress always looks hideous.

I do think the skull trend has gone a bit over board. I don't hate it. I don't own anything with skulls either. In my late teens, I used to do small braids in my hair and put skull, metal, jewel toned, and other beads that looked like bones on the braids. My friends called it my Perry Ferrell hair. That was as skull crazy as I got, but when you find dress blouses with a skull print... It's time to stop.

I wish death on the fake hair/fake tan look/fake dirty barbie look. And anything that looks like it belongs on Snookie. That includes wearing jogging pants with something written across your ass in public. Idk why that bugs me, but it does. At home, fine.

Other than that, I'm good. I find many things cute, in moderation.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    hello kitty - for adults

drives me insane. I have a coworker (who is probably close to 50) who wears hello kitty clothes, carries a purse, her entire cubicle is hello kitty

i just don't get it
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Some of the shirts that are shorter in the front and longer in the back end up looking like the shirt has a butt flap. I've taken to calling them "butt flap shirts" and when I'm shopping I'm like, "oh cute, but ugh, butt flap!"
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    When the pockets are longer than the shorts.

ashley-tisdale-pocket-lining-shorts-240tp062909.jpg
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And another fashion disaster are those cloven hoof heels that look like camel toe (but I think there is a thread about this somewhere on nc.com - can't find it right now though).

And while I'm ranting (ha ha) a few spikes on your face - OK. If your face is covered with studs and spikes so it looks like a bed of nails - what is wrong with you?
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    Dedachan wrote: »
    When the pockets are longer than the shorts.

ashley-tisdale-pocket-lining-shorts-240tp062909.jpg

Ita. Also I never got the pointy toe shoes. Most women look like elves. Also skinny jeans. Most people look horrible in them, including skinny people

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    Also, the need for all heels to now be platform stripper shoes. Really not okay in the workplace (IMO, of course) - a small platform, a hidden platform, but the "I look like I bought these at a 'special' store" - not okay.

(I do think that such shoes may have an appropriate place, say, at home - but not in public)
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,240Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Tho I almost never wear really trendy things, I like most things, at least to a point.
    But the one thing I have never liked and just plain can't stand - the super high platform shoes that look like they belong on Frankenstein or member of KISS. Actually I guess I have a dislike for most trendy shoes of all kinds. I greatly dislike super high wedges. They make people walk stupidly. And mostly look ridiculous. I don't like crocs or uggs or those dumb looking shoes with toes in them. And don't get me started on boots with peep toes.
    I've never liked alot of pattern in clothes so the ever present horizontal stripes kind of irk me.

PS I LOVE skulls. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    Shorts with longer pockets, crocs, and peep toes boots! Can't stand them. I love platforms and wedges because they don't hurt my tricky feet like regular heels so I can't agree there, but those are some good ones.

Allow me to add boots with sweat pants. Why, Gawd? Why? That's like my mom throwing on loafers with hers. Drives me batty.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I like hi-low skirts and tops. I'm a big fan of flowy-type clothing.

Excessive tattoos, piercings, animal print, skulls...not my thing, but people can do what they want. I find the fake-tan-cheeto look amusing (yes, I am laughing inside at you).
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    I love hi/low dresses and skirts...shirts not so much.

I can't stand crocs...I only have a pair of croc flip flops because my MIL bought them..I mow in them. I can't stand wearing the pants below your butt fad. I keep thinking this will fade...yet I still see it...how can you even walk with your pants that low?
    I find the fake-tan-cheeto look amusing (yes, I am laughing inside at you).

I'm with you.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1371580798.706335.jpg

One of my former co workers was tanning obsessed. She laid out in the sun, but added iodine to baby oil. She looked orange and, well, exactly like Snookie.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1371580873.303005.jpg

The puzzling thing is, one can find some sunless tanners that are not orange, and give a more natural look, if you go easy on them. I know some can't tan, and want a glow. That's fine, but looking like you rolled around in cheeto dust is something else.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    I don't get furry boots. Fur lined boots I understand. But I don't get the appeal of the ones that look like part of a muppet costume.

non-prescription eye glasses. Glasses are a pain, why would you deal with that if you didn't want to? It's mind boggling to me. but doubly so the oversized ones that cover up half their face. I saw some the other day, that were practically touching her lips. It left me contemplating if she could smile without getting her lenses dirty.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cympreni, How about furry purses? With the fur on the outside? Gee, we wouldn't want our purses to be chilly, would we? Might catch cold!

Weird.
  • wheretostartwheretostart Posts: 244Registered Users
    I dont like the shirts/dresses with one sleeve and one strap.. they're cute for the right age range and occasion - I think young people out clubbing etc. I've seen teachers wear them to school, and I dont think they look nice on young girls - its too sexy- and not appropriate unless you are doing something where it is appropriate to be sexy.

I also don't like bags/purses with the brand name splattered all over the fabric. To me it is just advertising that you've got an expensive purse Who cares other than the people that want to steal your purse??
    3A/2C fine, normal porosity & elasticity, medium high density

Current products:
    YTCucs Color Protection Low poo
    GVP Conditioning Balm
    Random gels - not sure which ones I like, if any at this point!

HG Summer Routine:
    poo - TMW Hydrate
    RO & LI - Darcy's Pumpkin Seed
    Leave in Products: CHSCK & LALMG
    PT - CJ RM
    DT - EVCO

Currently trying to figure out a winter routine and transition to a less harsh "poo" for summer.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I am not a fan of sweatpants beyond sleeping, working out, or wearing after surgery because they're comfy and loose. Know what makes even less sense? Sweatpants with words written across the butt. Juicy? Only if you have diarrhea and are on a Pepto commerical. Princess? You really want to be known as Princess Booty??
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I love wearing my uggs with sweat pants it keeps me warm
    Speckla wrote: »
    I am not a fan of sweatpants beyond sleeping, working out, or wearing after surgery because they're comfy and loose. Know what makes even less sense? Sweatpants with words written across the butt. Juicy? Only if you have diarrhea and are on a Pepto commerical. Princess? You really want to be known as Princess Booty??

That's what I'm screaming! When VS first started the Pink line one of my friends got me a pair of sweatpants as a gift. They are kind of like the last pic I posted except dark turquoise and they have pink written in a light and bright green on the butt. I never wore them anywhere but around the house. Every time I put them on my dad would say, "Come here! What in the sam hell is that? You got something all over the back of your britches". Lol He thought I had sat in something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arelarel Posts: 54Registered Users
    I dislike very much the high waist short-shorts... with the butt hanging out of them ...
    CO: VO5 KLSC Conditioner
    RO: SNCT
    PT: AIgirl's gelatin recipe

Testing: LALSAG, AVG,
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users
    Animal print on some items. Not a big fan, especially in shoes, pants or an entire dress. I can have a leopard or zebra printed scarf, though.

I like animal print most of the time, in fact I'm wearing an animal print top right now:
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III