We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Name one great but not well known product for anything nonhair

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,971Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Here's mine: Gel Kam. Gel Kam is available in most drugstores for sensitive teeth. A great product!

I was having pain in a tooth and saw my dentist. He can't take x-rays because I've had brain tumors so he bangs on my teeth and pokes around with sharp instruments :shock: to try to locate the pain and see if it is a cavity or not. I DREAD the dentist!

Long story short, he wasn't sure what was causing the pain and recommended Gel Kam. It worked like a charm. Pain is gone. CP is happy! :blob3:

Post your great but little known products!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Hm...well, I use flaxseed gel as a clear mascara and a brow gel. :lurk: Does that count?
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,971Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Moody, I love that idea! I officially count it in.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Moody, I love that idea! I officially count it in.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Here's mine: Gel Kam. Gel Kam is available in most drugstores for sensitive teeth. A great product!

I was having pain in a tooth and saw my dentist. He can't take x-rays because I've had brain tumors so he bangs on my teeth and pokes around with sharp instruments :shock: to try to locate the pain and see if it is a cavity or not. I DREAD the dentist!

Long story short, he wasn't sure what was causing the pain and recommended Gel Kam. It worked like a charm. Pain is gone. CP is happy! :blob3:

I have extremely sensitive teeth so I really appreciate the rec^^^.

My recs are 1) magnesium malate for body aches, muscular pain, nerve pain, stress and anxiety. Magnesium oxide for constipation. (Thnx, Crimsonshedemon)

2) Black & Decker "the Mouse" hand sander and three grit levels of sand paper for my extremely callous prone, rough hoof-like dry heels. My feet laugh at everything else. (Ped Egg? buwhahahaha Pumice stone? heeeheeeeheeee you're killing me!)

Spiderlashes - I'm with you on mag oxide for constipation. Works like a charm!

What a great idea about the B&D sander and sand paper. I never would have thought of that. :cheers:
  • KatiecurlKatiecurl Posts: 236Registered Users
    I have very thin, sensitive skin and burn/bruise easily. Two lifesavers for me have been Scarguard (for new scars, particularly burns because I love to cook) and Deramend for bruises (bruises that would generally last over a month are gone in less than two weeks!) Both products are expensive, but totally worth the money for me.
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 937Registered Users

My recs are 1) magnesium malate for body aches, muscular pain, nerve pain, stress and anxiety. Magnesium oxide for constipation. (Thnx, Crimsonshedemon)

2) Black & Decker "the Mouse" hand sander and three grit levels of sand paper for my extremely callous prone, rough hoof-like dry heels. My feet laugh at everything else. (Ped Egg? buwhahahaha Pumice stone? heeeheeeeheeee you're killing me!)

I take both of these forms of magnesium - how much of the oxide do you take for the constipation (my daughter just watched me type and is laughing at me!)

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    asugirl wrote: »

I take both of these forms of magnesium - how much of the oxide do you take for the constipation (my daughter just watched me type and is laughing at me!)

You can use any form of magnesium.for constipation. You just keep taking more until you're loose. Mag oxide is only good as a laxative. Use a quality form and you'll get more benefits. Like a 2 for 1.
  • rmc2rmc2 Posts: 349Registered Users
    Hawaiian Silky curl activator for beautiful and soft curls (I have 4a hair). Cheap too. Around $5-6. Also raw honey to wash face and extra virgin coconut oil for hair (prepoo) and as a night cream for my face.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Parsley - either curly or flat. It really ups the taste on almost any salad. Just cut a few slivers off a bunch. I use flat bc it blends in better w/ the other greens visually and no notices it and they are like "wow, why is this so good!?"

Spider, I'm going to try that. :salut:
    Spider, I'm going to try that. :salut:

I brought a salad to work for lunch today and somehow, I forgot the parsley. Boy am I pissed off right now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file