CurlTalk

*high quality drug store conditioner*

I was recently enlightened on the harmful effects of bs as shampoo and acv as conditioner. I am going to switch to co-washing, but I don't want to spend a fortune on a good conditioner. I am looking for something that can be found at a drugstore, is inexpensive, moisturizes, does'nt weigh my hair down, and does'nt build up.:iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin:
Curly Girl Method
Curl pattern-mostly 3a with some 2c and 3b
Porosity-Low/Medium
Density-Medium
Width-Medium/Coarse
Lenght-Medium (growing out)
*Weekly heated oil treatments..evoo or evco
Cowash-suave naturals
Styler-16 tbls garnier fructis sleek & shine intensely smooth leave in conditioning cream, 10 tbls aloe vera gel, 6 tbls agave nectar, 1oz cocoa butter, 1ts vitamen E oil, 1ts evoo, 1ts apricot oil... and sometimes flax seed gel

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    How are you defining moisturising? Do you actually mean adding moisture (humectants = water) or do you mean emollient/ conditioning or do you mean not stripping the hair?

The more moisturising/ rich/ conditioning a product is the less likely it is to be an effective cleanser. Most common drugstore products for co-washing are Suave Naturals, V05 and Tresemme Naturals.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • madalemonmadalemon Posts: 25Registered Users
    How are you defining moisturising? Do you actually mean adding moisture (humectants = water) or do you mean emollient/ conditioning or do you mean not stripping the hair?

The more moisturising/ rich/ conditioning a product is the less likely it is to be an effective cleanser. Most common drugstore products for co-washing are Suave Naturals, V05 and Tresemme Naturals.

I am defining and moisturizing with plain flax seed gel and a product that I made myself
    -6 table spoons conditioner
    -12 table spoons aloe vera gel
    -1/2 tea spoon evoo
    -2 tea spoons agave nectar
    -2 pinches cinnamon
    - jasmine and tea tree essential oil
    I want something that has a light scent, doesn't strip my hair, and adds some moisture.
    Curly Girl Method
    Curl pattern-mostly 3a with some 2c and 3b
    Porosity-Low/Medium
    Density-Medium
    Width-Medium/Coarse
    Lenght-Medium (growing out)
    *Weekly heated oil treatments..evoo or evco
    Cowash-suave naturals
    Styler-16 tbls garnier fructis sleek & shine intensely smooth leave in conditioning cream, 10 tbls aloe vera gel, 6 tbls agave nectar, 1oz cocoa butter, 1ts vitamen E oil, 1ts evoo, 1ts apricot oil... and sometimes flax seed gel