New to the board

GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
Hi, my name is Leslie. I am pretty sure my hair is 3c/4a. I did the big chop the middle of last March, but didn't let my hair start growing out until about the middle of May. Anyway, this past Saturday I went to SuperCuts after I'd blow dried and flat ironed my hair to get a trim. I knew I was due to get a trim and could feel that some of my ends were crispy. So, needless to say, instead of the woman trimming just what needed to be trimmed she proceeded to give me a haircut. My hair was already layered, because that's how it grows, but I think she added more layers.

So my question is, how often do you think my hair should be trimmed, and should I just try to trim/dust my ends myself, instead of trying to trust a stylist???
Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

Comments

• kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    That's the problem im hearing alot, stylist dont trim they cut. Im very new. I did the BC Feb 24th, so my hair is really short. I let my regular stylist cut the relaxer out, but i was thinkn of letting someone whos expertise is with natural hair giving me a trim, but seeing as though im in northeast louisiana i don't have a lot of choices.

As far as regular trims ive heard everything from once a month up to 6 months. I think when you feel as though your hair is not "acting right" and your ends continue to become tangled then it's time.
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i get mine trimmed approx every 6 weeks. if i go over that time limit by too much, my hair gets yucky and splits even more and i end up getting a "mini harcut" instead of a trim.
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    thanks for replying..i think i will try out trimming myself..every 7 or 8 weeks..i'm coming up on that time soon...so i will see what happens.
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file