We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

SOS!!!!!!!

JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
I mixed up some Kimmaytube leave-in for use on a trip overseas. I read somewhere that since there is mo preservative it, it needs refrigeration. My problem is i will be on an 8 hr trip with no refrigeration. Since i have 8 ounces it is too much for carryon. Does anyone know if it is ok to have non-refrigerated? Or how long before it absolutely needs refrigeration? Or does anyone know anything i can add to it so it will keep? Or does the preservative in the leave-in base hold for the whole product?

Comments

• LoveInBetweenLoveInBetween Posts: 392Registered Users
    I thought she just refrigerated it to further help close the cuticle of the hair shaft..? I assumed it depended on whether the avj/avg has a preservative in it. You can add some vitamin E oil to act as a preservative if it doesn't.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Curl Routine
    Co: As I am Coconut CoWash,VO5 Claifying Conditioner
    DC: Macadamia Repair Masque
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Style Creme: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel: KCCC, Eco Styler Argan Oil
    Sealer: EVCO, EVOO

3b/3c, High Desity, High Porosity, Medium Texture, BSL
    ""Live by the sun, love by the moon"

• JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Thank u!!
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    The liquid carry-on policy confuses a lot of people (because it's confusing). Per TSA regulations, you actually can bring 8 oz.s of liquid (or more). It's just that you have to break it up into portions of no more than 3.4 oz.s a piece. Maximum liquids allowed: all your portions must collectively fit inside a 2-quart zip lock bag.
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Good info. Thank you
  • Aliciamelena87Aliciamelena87 Posts: 68Registered Users
    I am not familiar with the recipe, but can you freeze the leave-in before the trip and let it defrost while you travel?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file