CurlTalk

Ozzies and Kiwis?????

Where are you and what products have you found?

I am a kiwi living in western australia.

I am new to sulphate, silicon free CG method so started out with Deva care because its free postage through strawberry.net but they don't seem to have alot of the sulphate/silicon free products that the american girls use.

Priceline does have Yes to carrots.

I placed an order via curlmart but at nearly $50 postage :sad2: I am going to have to find local products I think.
2C/3A
Coarse/medium
Low Porosity
Trying Deva products.

Comments

• liquefiedstarsliquefiedstars Posts: 16Registered Users
    I found some cheap VO5 milk conditioner today at reddot for $2 a bottle. It is silicone free. Not sure if its any good given that its so cheap but I will give it a go. I also brought some -TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls Extreme Curl Mousse which has water soluble Cones in price attack yay!
    2C/3A
    Coarse/medium
    Low Porosity
    Trying Deva products.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,677Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    :wave:
    Hi, I'm in Adelaide (though a pom really). After much experimentation over the years I've settled on a few products though admit I do splurge on a couple of things and get CJ's Curls in a Bottle and Beauticurls leave-in from Curlmart as I just can't find anything here that works nearly as well. I have psoriasis on my scalp so I use shampoo for that, so probably not much help to you, my conditioner is Tresemme naturals moisturising and I use Alfaparf mousse, which I also get online, though here in Oz so at least postage is ok.
    Health food shops are a good place to look for silicon and sulphate free stuff, Alchemy is a good line - I use the protein conditioner regularly and Sukin is quite popular though I personally don't like their hair products (skin products are really nice).
    I don't like Deva at all apart from Set it Free, there's definitely nicer stuff out there.
    Oh, I have Nak Options (sculpture lotion) too, which I use instead of CIAB on ponytail days as it's cheaper and I can get it in Price Attack.
    3b in South Australia.
    Hi Starmie I knew there would be some others from down under in here. :hello1:

I will have a look out for Alchemy thanks.

What do you use for a deep treatment?
    2C/3A
    Coarse/medium
    Low Porosity
    Trying Deva products.
    Ah, that would be another splurge - CJ banana hibiscus from Curlmart. I'd forgotten about it actually as I rarely do dt's these days, I'm sure the tub I have must be out of date by now
    3b in South Australia.
    How do you get away with not doing treatments? I ordered cj hair rehab (spent about $150 at curlmart eek) not the one with protein though as it seems that a lot of girls with low porosity have trouble with protein.

What part of Adelaide do you live in? We came very close to buying in Hallett Cove a few years back :)
    2C/3A
    Coarse/medium
    Low Porosity
    Trying Deva products.
    I don't know - my hair just doesn't seem to need them any more. Never do pt's either, I just do a normal protein condition once a week or so which is odd given my hair is very porous.

We would have been neighbours, I live in Sheidow Park, my son goes to school in Hallett Cove!
    3b in South Australia.