garnier nutrisse?

monica001monica001 Posts: 43Registered Users
how many of you like this brand? i have medium/dark brown hair naturally. i color my hair to cover some grays i have. i use dark brown to color my hair because medium is to light. i have the problem that my base gets red when the hair color fades. colorsilk would do this and excellence. herbal essences doesn't, infact i LOVE the color. the problem with that one is it seems the grays comes back fast.
i've heard good things about garnier nutrisse. at rite aide garnier nutrisse is buy one get one free. is it worth trying?

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I really like this brand. It seems to do a good job of covering my gray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like their colors (I like the soft black), but it fades VERY quickly on me. I don't know if it's because I use such a dark color on my naturally ligh/medium brown hair, but it only stays really dark for about a week. I've had better luck with Colorsilk, and it's cheaper too. Your hair turning reddish may have more to do with the colors you're choosing. Try a cooler shade that will balance out the red. They usually have the word "Ash" in the name.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • monica001monica001 Posts: 43Registered Users
    brio-how long does your grays stay covered?

Bailey422- i know if it has ash there wouldn't much red. the brands i mentioned before don't have ash just dark brown. i don't mind if it has red through the hair.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    monica001 wrote:
    brio-how long does your grays stay covered?

Permanently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Brio- wow that good for you? i hope i get good results. the only reason i dye my hair is because of the grays. :evil:
    double posted :oops:
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I've used Nutrisse in the past and I love it. Rich color, didn't dry out my hair, very shiney, lasts a very long time without fading.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • newcurlygrlnewcurlygrl Posts: 129Registered Users
    I've LOVED nutriesse in the past, but I'm a little disappointed now. I colored it about 3 weeks ago (using the same color I always do) and realized last night that my greys are reappearing! :shock: :shock: :evil:

I'm wondering if it's the shampoo I'm using? I've been using Jessicurl's GLS about twice a week. Do I need to use something different?
    ~Melanie~ 2B/C depending on my hair's mood
    Trying to find a routine my hair likes!
    bg433020.jpg[
  • KaterinaKaterina Posts: 117Registered Users
    Brio wrote:
    I really like this brand. It seems to do a good job of covering my gray.

Brio, I'm with you. It does a good job of penetrating my gray as well, and while my gray is about 15% of my head, it is very resistant gray.

GN is my fave brand to use outside of going to a salon.
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.
  • KaterinaKaterina Posts: 117Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I like their colors (I like the soft black), but it fades VERY quickly on me. I don't know if it's because I use such a dark color on my naturally ligh/medium brown hair, but it only stays really dark for about a week. I've had better luck with Colorsilk, and it's cheaper too. Your hair turning reddish may have more to do with the colors you're choosing. Try a cooler shade that will balance out the red. They usually have the word "Ash" in the name.

Bailey, I forget, is yours a CG routine? While I love GN, I, too, had a problem with it fading on me. My stylist said it was due to the sulfates in the shampoo I used. I must admit, I did find my hair lasted longer if I invested in the "color saving" shampoo from the get go. Otherwise, my color faded rather quickly as well.
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file