Interested in getting bangs?

curly2020curly2020 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everyone! I have long curly hair down to the bottom of my ribs. Right now it's all one length, which makes it very hard to wear it down. In fact for the past few years I've pulled it back pretty much every day, I'm embarrassed to say. :sad1:

Anyway, I'm really interested in getting some long side bangs cut, and maybe some layers in the back.

Since my hair is pretty long and is usually tied back, the top 8 inches or so is pretty straight, especially in the front. That's the hair I'd like to get cut into bangs, but my question is, if I were to have it cut, there's no way it would stay straight like that, right? I'd just hate to have bangs cut and have them bounce up into tight little curls.

Does anyone have success stories to tell about bangs?

Comments

• KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    I have the same question...but my hair is short.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • egyptianchickegyptianchick Posts: 13Registered Users
    I cut my own bangs a while back ago. If you want them curly leave them pretty long. I've done both long and short curly bangs but short tends to frizz up a lot. And when it's windy...oh boy.

I also cut them blunt across my eyebrows and just straightened them all the time and left the rest of my hair curly. Looked good believe it or not and I got a lot of compliments. However now that they've grown out I have a LOT of heat damage and they're stringy when curly. Now I'll have to wait til they grow really long to cut them to get curl back. :sad:
    Mostly 3b with 3a and 3c underneath
    Layered but mostly BSL (Hip length when straight)
    Conditioner: As I am Cowash, OR Tresseme Naturals OR Shea Moisture Masque.

Style: KC Knot Today+ a TINY bit Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie.
    2nd-6th day hair: Spritz with a mixture of Aloe Vera Gel, Coconut Oil, and water.

• hairlikemeridahairlikemerida Posts: 13Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mind giving us a pic so we can see what kind of hair you have? Getting bangs depends on this.
  • country_curlycountry_curly Posts: 35Registered Users
    curly2020 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I have long curly hair down to the bottom of my ribs. Right now it's all one length, which makes it very hard to wear it down. In fact for the past few years I've pulled it back pretty much every day, I'm embarrassed to say. :sad1:

Anyway, I'm really interested in getting some long side bangs cut, and maybe some layers in the back.

Since my hair is pretty long and is usually tied back, the top 8 inches or so is pretty straight, especially in the front. That's the hair I'd like to get cut into bangs, but my question is, if I were to have it cut, there's no way it would stay straight like that, right? I'd just hate to have bangs cut and have them bounce up into tight little curls.

Does anyone have success stories to tell about bangs?

CUT THEM. my hair is pretty much the exact same as yours, waist length and it used to be all one length too, but i got layers and bangs and it looks sooo pretty. and yeah the bangs are pretty wild when they're wet but they straighten fairly easily, you have to bobby pin them flat as they're drying, and add gel if they're stubborn. and maybe polish them off with a flat iron if you want. (since the bangs are short, you end up cutting it before theres any real noticeable damage) that's what i do and i like my bangs a lot, its nice to have some hair framing your face if you pull your hair back a lot. it does wonders for your face shape.
  • curly2020curly2020 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you guys for your comments! They were very helpful; I've decided I'm just going to go for it and get long-ish bangs. I think they'd be too wispy if they were short. I can't upload a picture of my hair at the moment, but thanks for your advice everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file