SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
hi gretchen or michelle or anyone else who can help me! many times i have typed a reply or a post and forgotton to give my pass word or made a typo in my password. then when i go back to the message, the whole thing is deleted! sometimes the posts took a long time to write and its a pain to retype them. is there anything i could do so the message won't be deleted if i mess up on the password? if there isn't, its ok, i will just be more careful in the future, but if there is that would be really nice! thanks! smile.gif

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Lorelei:

I'm sorry that keeps happening to you. We'll check into it to see if there might be an easy remedy.

Michelle
    Lorelei,
    You might experiment with changing your browser settings to "check for previously cached page" or words to that effect in options. I can't guarantee that it will make a difference but it's worth a shot, when my password is wrong and I arrow back, my typing reappears.
    hmmm, I did a little experiment and it didn't change anything so I don't think changing it will make a difference, it still retains what I typed. Sorry... maybe someone else knows.
    thanks! corkscrewed, how would i do this?
    lorelei, if you're always using the same computer to log in to NC, from home/and or work, you might want to consider setting your preferences to save your user name and password for a year.

that way you don't have to type either one on your first visit to the site every day, the cookie is stored on your computer.
    thanks rouquinne, but my sister also goes on this site from the same computer, so i dont think saving my username would work. thanks anyway! biggrin.gif
    Lorelei,

To solve this problem do what I do when I am writing long messages/emails and am afraid it might get deleted by accident before it is sent. As you type, once you have written a fairly good amount (or once you are done writing the message), but BEFORE you send it or press submit, etc. : highlight all the text you have written and press "Ctrl + C" [Ctrl button, then the "C" key]. This will "copy" your text in memory. If for some reason the computer deletes your message you can just go back to the reply window (make sure your cursor is there) and press "Ctrl + V". That command will paste what you previously wrote back. I often use the copy command as I write long emails just in case my computer acts up and I lose the message, because I do hate having to rewrite them.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks Curlyfrizz, that's a good idea! I knew about copy and paste, but never thought to use them in this situation. *presses ctrl + c*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file