Hair Type: Unsure

hairlikemeridahairlikemerida Posts: 13Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I don't know how to describe my hair other than Merida's from Brave. It's not red, which is a shame.
But, it's like my hair is different types fused together. Some strands are straight, others are super curly, lots of frizz, and lots of volume.

There's this wall of just straighter pieces on top, and below is all of these curly S-shapes and tight spirals. It's so many different types. And my bangs curl into this one big curl.

Any ideas?

Also, I didn't know whether to smile or not.....so disregard my face.

Comments

• HootenannyHootenanny Posts: 300Registered Users
    You'd need to share a pic of your hair when it's not brushed. There's no way to guess someone's curl type once they've brushed it out. :)
    :cat: Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s :cat:
    CG (again) since Nov. 2012

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
    Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
    Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
    Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

:cat: Trying out steaming! :cat:
  • hairlikemeridahairlikemerida Posts: 13Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That was the only picture I had. I'll try to take another one, but I just took a shower, so I have to wait until it dries. That'll be a couple of hours. Thanks, though.
  • ZipporahCurlyZipporahCurly Posts: 34Registered Users
    yea what she said but ur super pretty tho
    yea what she said but ur super pretty tho

Thanks. I updated the post. So the photos are my natural hair.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not sure on hair type because a lot of us are multiple types (myself included). Looks like 3a with a bit of 3b with maybe some 2 mixed in? Love the length. I'm attempting to get to that length. Looks like you maybe need more moisture for the halo frizz? What do you use product wise?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
    Not sure on hair type because a lot of us are multiple types (myself included). Looks like 3a with a bit of 3b with maybe some 2 mixed in? Love the length. I'm attempting to get to that length. Looks like you maybe need more moisture for the halo frizz? What do you use product wise?

Thanks for responding. It's taken me forever to get to this length. And I don't use products, and when I do, nothing happens. My mom bought this Lotus Shield stuff, which is supposed to get rid of frizz really well, but it just made my hair really greasy.
    I've been researching products and I think I'm going to buy EverCurl from L'Oreal.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't tried the Ever Curl but I have heard it has good reviews. Maybe you could try a good leave in condish? I wish I could do no product but it's really scary looking. Like finger in a light socket scary. Lol! I've been trying to get to your length for about two year now. Probably going to be another two year before I get there :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
    I just ordered the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard with high hopes. It better work.
  • eveechazareeeveechazaree Posts: 39Registered Users
    Idk what my hair type is either!!
    I don't know how to describe my hair other than Merida's from Brave. It's not red, which is a shame.
    But, it's like my hair is different types fused together. Some strands are straight, others are super curly, lots of frizz, and lots of volume.

There's this wall of just straighter pieces on top, and below is all of these curly S-shapes and tight spirals. It's so many different types. And my bangs curl into this one big curl.

Any ideas?

Also, I didn't know whether to smile or not.....so disregard my face.

Your hair has amazing length!! Love it! Try different leave-ins for the frizz, even with the frizz your hair is gorgeous
    Your hair has amazing length!! Love it! Try different leave-ins for the frizz, even with the frizz your hair is gorgeous

Thanks. I love your hair too. I wish my hair had tighter curls like yours, but what can you do?
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    It looks like 3c :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • CurlzGurl99CurlzGurl99 Posts: 62Registered Users

3b/c! But mostly/majority 3c. I love ur curls gurlie!:compress: Did you use any products?
    :cherry:Curls: 3c/4a I can't distinguish between the two!!!!!!
    Shampoo: Mizani, Bed Head Control Freak, Pert(mixed with water)
    Conditioner: Mizani, Bed Head, Aura Moisturizing conditioner
    Gels: Eco Styler Krystal

Curl Defining Products: Curls Unleashed
    Leave-in: Conditioner mixed with water and EVOO, it's a 10.
    Oils: Tea Tree, EVOO, OO, Coconut oil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3b/c! But mostly/majority 3c. I love ur curls gurlie!:compress: Did you use any products?

That day, no I didn't I got out of the shower, towel dried enough to get out the excess water, and then I let it air dry! I had some frizz but not to much

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file