CurlTalk

My curls are drooping.

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
They look great when I leave in the morning - I have been using CK and Deva foam - bouncy, well defined - and by the end of the day - kind of droopy, a bit fuzzy, way too soft.

Anyone else have this issue, and what works for you??

Comments

• anonymous_133347anonymous_133347 Posts: 1,426Registered Users
    Maybe you need a stronger hold. . .? A lot of people use a hard hold gel to finish things off. Although I understand if you wouldn't want to. I hate hard hold gels too.
    3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
    Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
    Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
    Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

• JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    Yeah, sounds like between the serum and the foam you aren't really getting any hold.

I think maintaining the same level of curl all day, for looser curl types, might be a bit overrated and come at a cost.
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dusa, I have tried a harder hold gel instead of the Deva foam, and I dont get the same kind of curl formation. So there are tradeoffs. And, My hair tends to frizz more. Jessie I agree that it may be an unrealistic expectation. Sometime I t hink the more we load on our hair, the more the potential for it to react adversely to atmospheric conditions.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    I agree - there are trade offs. For me, I don't like to layer products since my hair is fine, not especially thick and doesn't have the tightest curl pattern. I prefer decent curl formation and a soft feel without any sort of crispy look. Although a harder hold gel would keep my curls from softening the way they normally do by the end of the day, I can't stand the stiffer look and how my hair feels with a hard hold gel. I keep going back to KCCC - although now I have that okra gel on order. Still looking for the holy grail - one product that will allow me to have the good curl formation with a soft look and touch that I get from KCCC but with longer hold....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• longlivecurlslonglivecurls Posts: 271Registered Users
    If you don't want to change the products you're using I would suggest diffusing. The weight on your hair as it dries naturally tends to loosen the curl. If you don't like to diffuse or aren't using heat at all I would suggest trying a mousse over the Deva foam. I like HE TTCBM. If you don't over do it you won't get that crunchy look after you SOTC plus it's cheap. :)
    CG NEWBIE :afro:
    curl type: 2c/3a on a good day :love5:
    med/high porosity & high density
    hair strand width: med/coarse
    BSL hair & growing

GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
    :wav:
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SS CEJ mixed with FHG does well for me (if I let it COMEPLETELY dry). Otherwise without BHRG that's going to happen to me.