What should teenage boys wear to a summer wedding?

wavesnwurlswavesnwurls Posts: 19Registered Users
So we've been to several weddings before but only in the fall and winter.
Two of my brothers are teens (15 and 13) and my little brother is 5.
It's an afternoon wedding that's inside and I'm not entirely sure how formal/casual it is but I think it's casual.
Should they wear dress pants/shoes/shirt/tie or dress pants/shoes and a polo? And tan or black pants?
CG and Mod-CG since 2008. BSL Wavy hair. Cleanse/Shampoo every 3-4 days.
Shampoos + Conditioners: DC Low-Poo & One Condition, Redken Curvaceous Cream Shampoo and Curvaceous Conditioner, and Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo & Conditioner
Stylers:Ouidad Climate Control Gel, KCCC, Curly Hair Solutions CK, BRHG, Redken Curvaceous Full Swirl, & DC Arc AnGEL
Trying:Ouidad's KRLY Kids No Time For Tears Shampoo, Ouidad's KRLY No More Knots Conditioner, and Ouidad's KRLY Pump & Go Spray Gel

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i would definitely ask if it's casual or formal before making any kind of decision.

how hot are the summers where you are?

no matter if it's a casual wedding, NO polo shirts! a dress shirt without a tie is more acceptable. dress pants in black, navy, grey or tan are fine with a light-coloured shirt that matches. then again, some guys like the monochrome look with the shirt matching the pants and then i'd say wearing a tie that stands out against the monochrome colour is very spiffy!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Button down shirt with khakis or dress pants depending on how casual a wedding it is.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Unless the invitation specifically says the wedding is casual, you should probably assume it's not. The boys should wear, at the very least, dress pants and button down shirts. They should also wear ties if they have them or can afford to buy them.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • wavesnwurlswavesnwurls Posts: 19Registered Users
    Gotcha. I was pretty sure they shouldn't wear polos, just making sure. ;) It gets pretty stinking hot here in the summer, however the wedding's in PA in the Pittsburgh area. Not sure how hot it gets there (different state).

So it's casual. I was pretty sure it was just knowing who it is.
    I think they'll wear tan or grey chinos (whichever they prefer), no ties, and my mom's planning on buying them more summery colored dress shirts for the occasion.
    Does that sound good?
    CG and Mod-CG since 2008. BSL Wavy hair. Cleanse/Shampoo every 3-4 days.
    Shampoos + Conditioners: DC Low-Poo & One Condition, Redken Curvaceous Cream Shampoo and Curvaceous Conditioner, and Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo & Conditioner
    Stylers:Ouidad Climate Control Gel, KCCC, Curly Hair Solutions CK, BRHG, Redken Curvaceous Full Swirl, & DC Arc AnGEL
    Trying:Ouidad's KRLY Kids No Time For Tears Shampoo, Ouidad's KRLY No More Knots Conditioner, and Ouidad's KRLY Pump & Go Spray Gel
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Definitely dress shirts, ties, and dress pants unless you know for SURE it's casual dress. Then I'd say dress shirts, khakis, no tie. I'd sign off on short sleeve dress shirts if its like 90 degrees out, though.

No polos.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Unless it's casual - dress pants (any color is fine) and a dress shirt (that goes with the pants).

If you're going monochrome, black is best, but definitely stick to a bright colored tie (pretty much any color will work in this case).

No polos!!
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wouldn't dress them in black dress pants if I had a choice. Gray, tan, khaki, olive, etc, w/ a white shirt would look better for summer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file