Oh Lawd, Please Not My TN!!

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
When I buy TN, the nourishing moisture with aloe vera and avocado version, I buy a lot at once because it's my cowash, my dc with a few things added, and my li also with a few additions.

Anywho, my supply was running low so I went to Target. I notice TN moisture conditioner is on the shelf in two places in two different looking bottles. One the usual white and green cap.. the other a black cap. I read the front and everything is exactly the same on both. the back directions are the same, the description of the product had a one word difference, fluid ounces the same, then I read the ingredients and BINGO!!
:angry5::angry5::dontknow::ncool:
They done reformulated the reformulation!!! Oh, Lawdhammercyjeezus!! The older bottles were slightly cheaper and that made me worry it's being discontinued so I snatched up everyone they had. I also bought two bottles of the new. I don't know if my hair is going to like this new formula. I shouldn't have put all my curls in one basket. I just shampooed last night so in two days when I cowash I should know if I need to stage a protest.:ncool:
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    What changes to the ingredients did they make? Im just worried they added cones.. If they did then I guess I need to find a new conditioner. :-(
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Keihs wrote: »
    What changes to the ingredients did they make? Im just worried they added cones.. If they did then I guess I need to find a new conditioner. :-(

They can't add silicones because it wouldn't be Naturals anymore. But the first formulation they had didn't work as well for my hair. Not as mois5urizing and I couldn't use it as a li. It had isopropyl alcohol. No ia here but how well it does remains to seen. Also they took off the line about the two certified organic ingredients. I can't fiñd anything on Tresemme site about it.
  • KeihsKeihs Posts: 435Registered Users
    I guess.. I'm just worried because some conditioners claim to be organic and natural but are full of cones.. Ahemmmm organix... *cough*
  • CurlsnswirlsCurlsnswirls Posts: 865Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Anxious to see what you think of the re formulation. I love this conditioner and hope my hair still likes it..
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    When I buy TN, the nourishing moisture with aloe vera and avocado version, I buy a lot at once because it's my cowash, my dc with a few things added, and my li also with a few additions.

Anywho, my supply was running low so I went to Target. I notice TN moisture conditioner is on the shelf in two places in two different looking bottles. One the usual white and green cap.. the other a black cap. I read the front and everything is exactly the same on both. the back directions are the same, the description of the product had a one word difference, fluid ounces the same, then I read the ingredients and BINGO!!
    :angry5::angry5::dontknow::ncool:
    They done reformulated the reformulation!!! Oh, Lawdhammercyjeezus!! The older bottles were slightly cheaper and that made me worry it's being discontinued so I snatched up everyone they had. I also bought two bottles of the new. I don't know if my hair is going to like this new formula. I shouldn't have put all my curls in one basket. I just shampooed last night so in two days when I cowash I should know if I need to stage a protest.:ncool:
    It looks like the new one has lactic acid in it. That means it probably more moisturizing. Lactic acid helps the hair retain moisture. Let's hope so.
    I guess.. I'm just worried because some conditioners claim to be organic and natural but are full of cones.. Ahemmmm organix... *cough*

LOL Organix had me fooled for a while too...all wrapped up in that pretty bottle and perfumed delicious scent.
    Just got out of shower. I did my first wash with old formula of TN o knock off any dirt. Second wash new formula. Right away I notice it seems thicker than other and has more of a glossy color. I put a palm full on each side of my head and started to finger detangle. Super easy. I dint cowash in sections or twists . I let it sit longer than usual then I rinsed but not all of it out. My hair has never felt this moisturized after a cowash so far I'm loving it. We will see how it does for li.
  • A. LoveA. Love Posts: 519Registered Users
    Ugh now I want to try it.

www.kinksofnature.com
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    adthomas,

how is the scent for the new formulation?
    i really like the conditioner, but the scent is too strong for me.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Zinnia wrote: »
    adthomas,

how is the scent for the new formulation?
    i really like the conditioner, but the scent is too strong for me.

I may not be the best judge but I took some big whiffs of both and to my nose the new formulation is more perfumey. It doesn't bother me but you might not like it if the old one is too strong. I get turned off by really sweet and artificial fruity scents like Let's Jam.
    NEW INGREDIENTS

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride. persea gratissima (avocado oil) brassica campetris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer. Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance ( parfum), dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg 150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothazolinone, methylisothiazolinone
  • JoJoFreeJoJoFree Posts: 110Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    NEW INGREDIENTS

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride. persea gratissima (avocado oil) brassica campetris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer. Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance ( parfum), dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg 150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

I think this will be okay. It seems like the avocado oil and aloe vera are higher on the list. That is a good thing.
  • misbehavemisbehave Posts: 115Registered Users
    I haven't tried the new formula yet but I'm scared! I think we all need to revolt! Or at least send them some comments about how they're messing up our hair with their tomfoolery!

They ask you to type in a brief comment or Q first then will provide more complete contact info if your question is not answered.

Contact Us
    CG since 3/1/13
    3B; Low porosity, Coarse, & Extremely Protein Sensitive
    Very high density, waist length

Co wash: Suave Clarifying or Sun Ripened Strawberry
    RO: Sun Ripened Strawberry, TN, or TN w/ veg glycerin
    Sealer: apricot oil
    Styler: 4 Naturals Spring Back Custard, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, or BB "Mudd"
    Using a hard water filter, microfiber towel, & silk head scarves & pillowcases

Avoiding: protein, coconut, & parabens
  • artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The new ingredients look better than the previous version, but tbh they don't look that different to me. And companies have been having to update their INCI's lately, too. Idk...if they did increase the concentrations of the more moisturizing ingredients, cool, b/c the last two versions have sucked on my hair. (Literally sucked all the moisture out...) So if it's true, then the company has probably been listening to customers saying they want it to be more moisturizing.

ETA. I don't think lactic acid is a new addition. I think I remember seeing it on the old bottle.
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
    I used the new formula after my henna melt. Left it on for 2 hours. 35 minutes spent under a heating cap. Rinsed it out and my hair was not moisturized at all. :cry:. Perhaps it was just the henna. Dunno. Maybe for my hair, it's only made to use as a co-wash. I'll use it for that. Another thing, It's much thicker and more creamier than the original . Same scent.
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    They moved the good ingredients up the list :), I've only tried the new formula

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    Well I found the old formula at my local Rite Aid. Folks it wasn't the same. Very little slip and it even smelled different. I took it back. So now I have 2/3 of the new formula that I'm going to add aloe vera juice to and then I'm done. On the hunt for a cheap co-wash product.
    I don't know if this is true but I heard through the net grapevine Tresemme Naturals is going back to last formula because of complaints. This could explain why I was able to buy a few bottles of old formula last week. Again. Not sure if true so I don't want to get any hopes up. My hair doesn't hate new. But it is not as good as leave in.
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope they do!! My hair LOVED the old formula!!

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I had to return the new formula. It was thicker yet made my hair harder to detangle and didn't add moisture like the old formula. It's also even more scented and had my eyes watering and me sneezing all through my shower. My boyfriend felt the need to come in the bathroom to make sure I wasn't dying. Haha so I hope they really are changing back to the old formula because it's the only rinse out conditioner I've found that truly feels like it does my hair good (I also like garnier, but still not much as the TN)

Heartbroken. :'(
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I used the old a few years ago and remember liking it pretty well. Didn't realized they changed the formula. I bought it again a couple months ago (black top) and this would explain why I used it twice and it's been sitting on my shelf since. I am not a fan at the moment.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • IrisChacon1984IrisChacon1984 Posts: 158Registered Users
    I've only tried the black top formula and I like it...makes me wonder about the old formula.
    Last Perm: August 2007
    BC: June 21st 2008,
    3C/4A Thick Curly/Kinky texture, low porosity

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO
    Poo- Creme of Nature (Red Label), KCCC
    Cowash - HEHH & HENOYF, Aussie Moist
    DT- Herbal Essence Hydraliscious Reconditioning Conditioner
    Leave in-KCKT, KBBHM (EM)
    Moisturizer: OHM Frank Juice, KBBHB (VL)
    Oil: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil
    Styling: KCCC, QBOHHB.

http://public.fotki.com/ShiraLaCocolita/

• itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've only tried the black top formula and I like it...makes me wonder about the old formula.

Something I've noticed reading various reviews is that everyone who's only tried the new black top formula has success with it, and those who loved the old formula hate the black top one. There's also those who have tried both for the first time and picked the black top one. It just goes to show how different ingredients work for different people cause I have no idea how people can stand that new ish. LOL
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL

Something I've noticed reading various reviews is that everyone who's only tried the new black top formula has success with it, and those who loved the old formula hate the black top one. There's also those who have tried both for the first time and picked the black top one. It just goes to show how different ingredients work for different people cause I have no idea how people can stand that new ish. LOL

That new ish is now the ish for me! Lol

It's the only cone free conditioner that detangles my hair without a comb, with just water and my fingers.

Only Aussie Moist or Hello Hydration does that for me but I'm trying to use more natural and organic products!

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO

How well it works for people could also be a matter of what they use it for. The very very first Tresemme Naturals had isopropyl alcohol. I used it for everything but a leave in because my hair hated it as leavein.
    The second was a work horse good for cowash, rinse out, leave in, styler and a dc with a few additions This third I like for cowash and rinse out but I have to mix with other stuff for it to work as li and still just okay. I find I don't like it as much as a styler and I love conditioner and oil only styling.
    Why did I find the Old Formula at Stop and shop today during my lunch hour.
    I had to get fruits, veggies and milk when I found it. You guys are a bad influence! Lol

Gonna put it to the test tonight! Let's see if you curly girls are right!

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO

Yeah, I think maybe that they are still selling old is a sign they are not getting rid of it all together. Although it may not be as widely available as the new. I cowashed with old last night. My hair feels good.
    Ok here is my final verdict...black top is a good rinse conditioner and detangles well...the white top is a good rinse conditioner, detangles well, but as a leave in and a styler there's too much shrinkage for my taste. I got the same results with the black top as a leave in and styler....but the white top left my hair a little softer...not that much of a difference for me...not enough to abandon the new formula...oh well...more TN for me! :)

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO

Did a Cowash, Rinse and Leave in Test with the Black Top Formula and the White Top Formula...Here are the result pictures...I'll let you ladies guess which formula I used in each pic!

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1380918869.356251.jpg

Products:
    Pre-Poo - EVOO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file