Three Teen Girls Charged For Leading Ottawa Child Prostitution Ring

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Ottawa Prostitution Ring Led By Three Teenage Girls

Dear Lord...

It was the rap music, I tell ya! Being sarcastic...
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You think the world can't shock you anymore and then you realize yes, yes it can.
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    SMH what is ths world coming to?

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    It's unfortunate that we live in a world where child-violence is commonplace. I don't understand how the adults pandering to the ringleaders, not only failed to act, but in some cases participated...
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It just shows how very important it is to educate the children AND the parents. So many of us live in our "little safe world" not believing this could ever happen to us or ours, but it can. I believe and want to believe that I live in a wonderful, beautiful world. I do, but there is that evil that does live among us and we need to protect us and our loved ones from it. I agree that the men who sent the children home should have gone much further. They protected that particular child, but there were more and more to come that wouldn't be that lucky. They dropped the ball. Probably to protect themselves.

The young and vulnerable are the targets. Tells you a lot about these less than human creatures who take advantage of them.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    To use a word that was used often in the article: Horrifying.

That rap music is a doozy. SMHC.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Something or someone other than the perp's has to blamed. ;)

I am deeply disturbed, but I wish I could say I was surprised by this story. There have been all too many along the same lines. Mothers selling daughters to fund their drug habits. Nursing homes running sex/drug rings, etc.

It is disturbing to think about how many people must have known about this, the "open secret", as the author put it.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i think i said something along these lines on the thread about Retaeh Parsons...

too many young people - especially in this country where they are seemingly protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act - are not held to account for their actions. it needs to be made clear that these actions are criminal and that they will be held accountable and that this will follow them around for the rest of their lives; instead of having the record erased when they are 18, as currently happens here.

i saw a psychologist on CanadaAM (our version of national morning tv) saying that the people who basically tortured Miss Parsons to death are not responsible because their brains are not fully formed until they are 25.

:shock:

fine... in that case, no driving, no voting, no drinking, no being able to get married - until age 25.

period.

i wonder if that psychologist would go for that.

far too many teenagers in North America seem to be getting away with the most disgusting behaviour. why are we not teaching them that actions have life-long consequences?

i'm tired of people who say it isn't *fair* to hang the tag of sexual predator on a young person. what's fair about what they do to their victims? rape? bullying to the point of suicide??? prostitution?
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Yes, teenagers are not quite adults yet, but there isn’t a magic switch that flips when they turn 18, suddenly giving them consciences and the ability to tell right from wrong.

I just want to quote that because....it is important.
    Sometimes it seems that if someone is under 18 it's like oh you can't blame them, they don't know. Like 18 is the magic number to be able to make smart decisions or to responsibilities for your actions.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's always extra-horrifying when it's girls/women committing these heinous acts. Probably because it's sorta rare.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    murrrcat wrote: »
    Yes, teenagers are not quite adults yet, but there isn’t a magic switch that flips when they turn 18, suddenly giving them consciences and the ability to tell right from wrong.
    Sometimes it seems that if someone is under 18 it's like oh you can't blame them, they don't know. Like 18 is the magic number to be able to make smart decisions or to responsibilities for your actions.

On the same note, there is a switch in terms of rights and responsibilities that adults have that people under the age of 18 do not get even if they are charged as adults.

I agree with you, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.
    3c/4a
    I'm done.

The Ariel Castro case, the tornadoes in OK, the Ottawa teenage pimp ring, etc.

I don't need any more bad news.... :sad1: It's just too much. :(
    3c/4a
    Po wrote: »
    I'm done.

It's a bit exhausting isn't it? I often wonder how I still smile (when it comes to job + news). Bad information overload, and they love to sensationalize. Every year the majority of news sources move further away from responsible journalism and closer to a tabloid style of scandalized reporting.

I wish more shared good stories as well. You need to hear about the bad, but it would be great to hear a little more good mixed in too. More than a once a week person of interest piece, etc.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    murrrcat wrote: »

On the same note, there is a switch in terms of rights and responsibilities that adults have that people under the age of 18 do not get even if they are charged as adults.

I agree with you, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Well yes.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I'm done.

It's a bit exhausting isn't it? I often wonder how I still smile (when it comes to job + news). Bad information overload, and they love to sensationalize. Every year the majority of news sources move further away from responsible journalism and closer to a tabloid style of scandalized reporting.

I wish more shared good stories as well. You need to hear about the bad, but it would be great to hear a little more good mixed in too. More than a once a week person of interest piece, etc.

I wholeheartedly agree!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    It's a bit exhausting isn't it? I often wonder how I still smile (when it comes to job + news). Bad information overload, and they love to sensationalize.

it does come with the job territory, that's for sure... :(
    My blog:

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Yes, it is very exhausting. I hear traumatic stories at work all day and then I hear these news stories and I have to work really hard on not losing total faith in humanity.
    3c/4a
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I read that story a while ago. Its horrible that she hasn't been able to locate her daughter, but she is doing wonderful work for women in prostitution.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
    Yes, it is very exhausting. I hear traumatic stories at work all day and then I hear these news stories and I have to work really hard on not losing total faith in humanity.

It is hard.

We could all use a little more uplifting sprinkled in with the devastating or disheartening. It's a one sided reporting world.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A lot of the time, teens actually do grow out of antisocial behavior. The prostitution ring isn't one of those cases. But it's not uncommon for teens to hurt people out of sheer impulsiveness and lack of experience - both of which will resolve themselves in a couple of years. And negative examples from the media often do play a role. For example, intimate partner abuse is often portrayed as normal or, worse yet, ideal. Just look at Twilight. Teens absolutely need to be punished, so they'll understand their actions have consequences. But the way teens behave doesn't necessarily indicate how they'll act as adults.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »
    i think i said something along these lines on the thread about Retaeh Parsons...

too many young people - especially in this country where they are seemingly protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act - are not held to account for their actions. it needs to be made clear that these actions are criminal and that they will be held accountable and that this will follow them around for the rest of their lives; instead of having the record erased when they are 18, as currently happens here.

i saw a psychologist on CanadaAM (our version of national morning tv) saying that the people who basically tortured Miss Parsons to death are not responsible because their brains are not fully formed until they are 25.

:shock:

fine... in that case, no driving, no voting, no drinking, no being able to get married - until age 25.

period.

i wonder if that psychologist would go for that.

far too many teenagers in North America seem to be getting away with the most disgusting behaviour. why are we not teaching them that actions have life-long consequences?

i'm tired of people who say it isn't *fair* to hang the tag of sexual predator on a young person. what's fair about what they do to their victims? rape? bullying to the point of suicide??? prostitution?

Rou, there are so many misconceptions here.

1. Your record isn't "erased" at age 18. It is still visible to police and other players in the justice system. I can see my clients' youth records if they have them. However, it can't be held against you in the same way as an adult record for things like sentencing or going for bail. There certainly are still long term consequences of a youth record, especially if a youth has been incarcerated or is on probation.

2. I agree with the age 25 science - many peoples' judgment is not fully formed until then. I actually think there should be some kind of protection in the criminal justice system for a few years past 18. There are some places (I think some US states as well as other countries?) where there are some protections up to age 21 or older.

3. You know youth can be charged as adults in some cases, right?

4. You know the YCJA provides certain protections like police not taking a statement from youth without a lawyer or adult present, and different sentencing provisions, but it certainly isn't a "get out of jail free" card, right? You don't seriously want to see 12 and 13 year olds treated the same as hardened criminals, do you?

5. Yes, some youth do horrible things to others, but you know many of those youth are themselves victims, right? Have you looked at the stats at how many youth offenders are in foster care, are FASD babies, etc? If the children involved in this prostitution ring are scarred and victimized in a way that makes them act out by doing similar things to someone else, will you still feel sorry for those victims?
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

maybe, just maybe, we'll start seeing changes in this country:

Halifax boy, 14, charged after video of sex with 15-year-old girl put online
    My blog:

• Always@night[email protected] Posts: 566Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really don't have words for this, it's hard to believe this even happened. You learn right and wrong from a young age way before your teenage years. Also being 19, I don't believe it has much to do with age. I see adults 30+ still handling situations in a childish manner, and with an immature frame of mind. It makes me wonder how something like this happened. I don't believe it is music. Although I have seen teenagers being extremely impressionable by what they hear and see.. Am i the only person worried about what the future will be like ...year 2050 o.O
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    I'm done.

I know what you mean, some days I do not watch the news at all just to avoid hearing who got shot, raped or murdered. Some days I want to be free of the bad news. I actually never watch the news or read things like this before bed, I only watch happy positive things, who needs that on their mind when they are trying to sleep!?

After I read that book Road of lost Innocence about child prostitution, rape and killing in Cambodia and just how those little girls are tortured I could not sleep for weeks. I actually connected with the writer on Twitter and started donating to her charity. Sometimes it is all just way to much to take in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file