CurlTalk

RIP Lisa Ann

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
The infamous thread is bumped , but some may not know why. :(
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    I had no idea....how did she die? :-(

Was she the suicide?
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    Asthma attack, according to family posting on her FB page.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I'm so sorry to hear that. She was a young woman. I'm very sorry for her family and friends.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I was so sorry to learn of her passing. She was so young. I'm still in shock.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users
    :-(
    :angel5:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    terribly sad news.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    So incredibly sad :(
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Was she the suicide?

Was she the suicide??? SERIOUSLY???

GFY.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
    There was a curly who committed suicide. I couldn't remember who it was. So SERIOUSLY.

GFY...what does that mean?
    From Michael Berg:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I don't remember her or she left shortly after I started becoming more active here. I remember the infamous thread.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    It means go **** yourself, and I second it.

For the record, she wasn't "the suicide". She died from an asthma attack. But even if she had been, that would be no way to refer to her. She was a good friend to many people on this board, and that was incredibly insensitive.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I did not know Lisa, but I wanted to say I am sorry to those of you who did.

((((Hugstocurlies))))

Love & appreciate you
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    .I wasn't trying to be insensitive. The OP said "some may not know why". This is what made me think she was the one who committed suicide. I didn't meant to demean her, but wanted some clarification. If either of you can't understand that and want to say GFY then so be it.
    From Michael Berg:

• gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    The some may not know why was in reference as to why the thread was bumped with a RIP. Not in regards to how she died.

REGARDLESS. If you honestly can't see what's wrong with referring to someone as "the suicide", then I have no more words for you. I am not even going to touch on why you need clarification on how she died.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users
    I think it's pretty well know that "the suicide" happened quite a long time ago. Clearly Lisa's death was very recent.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was obvious she wasn't trying to be malicious; she used a sad face and an angel emoticon to convey empathy. Not cool.

So sorry to hear of her death.

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    It was obvious she wasn't trying to be malicious; she used a sad face and an angel emoticon to convey empathy. Not cool.

So sorry to hear of her death.

+1

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
    Thank you SL & Multi. I'm really not a heartless person. Maybe I should have asked "Is she the curly who committed suicide" instead of labeling her. I really never meant any disrepect.
    From Michael Berg:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know her well but I remember the Lisa haiku thread and lots of cat talk.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    BE COURTEOUS. BE TOLERANT. You're about to encounter many new friends in our community, with many new and interesting viewpoints. Please be respectful and tolerant of everyone you meet, even if you disagree with their opinions. Don't use language that is threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable. And don't engage in personal attacks. This includes NaturallyCurly.com staff, who work hard to keep our Community a fun spot to visit.

Obviously there was a misunderstanding. Why is there such abusive language when no malice was intended?
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    This is awful. I'm so sorry for her loved ones. :(
    Eres o te haces?
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Oh, how awful!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    :(
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    This is definitely a shock, and quite sad :(.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    This is so sad. :(
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    She temporarily closed her Etsy shop recently, due to a "house fire". I hope that didn't contribute to her death. So sad.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    So sad, loved the haiku thread.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. :-(

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • MojoDojoMojoDojo Posts: 702Registered Users
    Didn't know her, and don't remember the Haiku thread, but ((hugs to the curlies)).
    I AM THE NEANDERTHAL SLAYER!!!
This discussion has been closed.