Oklahoma

abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
We need prayers, good thoughts, whatever you wish sent this way... if you can donate please do. It hit 5 minutes south of our house. It's been terrifying many of my friends have damage and one friend has an injured child and they lost everything.

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just terrible. My thoughts are with everyone there:(
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Praying. My parents just moved from the area last month, it's just horrific

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thoughts and prayers for your family.... I have family members whose homes barely escaped damage from the tornadoes as well. T&Ps for Oklahoma.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    So many of our friends have no power and are camping here tonight it feels nice to have a house full of friends on a night like tonight
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Praying for the families, friends affected and those who are helping them.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Just been watching footage on the news here, can't believe how much destruction there is. Will keep you and your friends in my thoughts.
    3b in South Australia.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    T's & P'S for everyone. Just horrible devastation. I heard this morning 20 children have died so far. Keep safe and know our prayers are with you and yours and all who are experiencing this.

It's wonderful that you have opened your home for those in need.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is a horrible natural disaster. I read it was the worst on record in this area. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Devastating.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nature is amazing. I hope the death/injured toll doesn't increase further.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • msdiva29msdiva29 Posts: 96Registered Users
    People can donate to the Red Cross via text message as well. I live in SW OKC ,currently have no water. My parents house is fine because our house was the original path of tornado. We have confirmed a family member dead, her body was found under the rumble at the school! I am very overwhelmed with everything!
    Favorites: Donna Maria SBC
    Curl Junkie BO&AC
    Shea Moisture CES
    Castor Oil
    Don't Forget to Dream! ~ Madonna
    http://www.sheamaria.com
    Twitter: Elakia
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,775Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    (((MissDiva))) I'm so very, very sorry.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My word. I am so sorry for your loss, msdiva.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    My condolence ((((hugs)))) mother nature doesn't discriminate ths can happen to any1 peace & blessings 2 u and ur fam during ths hard time.

Sent from my MB612 using CurlTalk App
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Horrible. I'm so sorry for you MsDiva. Awful news.

I have everyone devastated by the tornadoes in my thoughts.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • aishasoleilaishasoleil Posts: 75Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My husband and I are both originally from the OKC area, but moved to a small town in south west Oklahoma about 2 years ago. We still have a lot of friends and family in the area. We're so thankful none of our loved ones were hurt, but it's hard to process all the loss that others are currently suffering. We donated as much as we could, but I wish we still lived close enough to volunteer. It's so crazy because no matter how many times I've lived through tornado season, I will never stop being absolutely terrified of them.
  • aishasoleilaishasoleil Posts: 75Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MsDiva29 I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :-(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file