We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Best cherry pie recipe?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Sweet rather than tart
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    *Side Note... I always add Moscato wine to my pie recipes. I will add a few dashes as I can it. It helps sweeten the fruit. I use brown or raw sugar (better flavor IMO).

Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
    May 30th, 2011
    INGREDIENTS:
    5 to 6 cups fresh pitted cherries, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds ( I used Bing)
    1/2 cup water
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    4 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract

DIRECTIONS:
    In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries, water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Stir in almond extract. Cool slightly before using as a topping.

NOTES:
    - If using sour cherries, you will need to adjust the amount of sugar. I’d recommend starting about ¾ cup and working your way up if more sweetness is needed.
    - Refrigerate leftover fresh cherry pie filling in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
    - I have not tried freezing this cherry pie filling, but if you do, please let me know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file