We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

what colour goes with X eyes?

rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
in response to a question Gretchen asked me on another thread [what color should a person w/ deep-set eyes use?]:

the colour used depends on your eye colour.

because i have very dark brown eyes with a reddish tone and a navy blue ring, i had to do some research.

herewith are my findings from surfing many, MANY sites on what colours of eye shadow complement certain eye colours -

Blue eyes - light purples [lilac, lavender], light browns [camel, taupe], peach, pink

Green eyes - pink, peach, mauve and purples, bronze [also applies to Hazel eyes]

Brown eyes - shades of browns and tans lighter or darker than your own eye colour, purples, dark greens, dark blues, pinks

if your eyes are deep-set, try not to go darker than a medium shade in any colour that you choose. dark shades make your eyes recede more.

HTH

:D
My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I assume you are talking about shadow colors? Or clothes?
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,565Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    eye shadow colours.

that colourizing thing with clothes is way beyond me! :D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

• Kurly_NazzyKurly_Nazzy Posts: 76Registered Users
    i have a dark green ring
    and some yellowish hazel in the bottom middle
    while the rest is just chestnut brown
    what would really compilment my eyes
    very thick brown 3b/3c curls
    ::::::::........
    nazzy, i'd use the colours for green eyes. sounds like you can carry them off beautifully.
    My blog:

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    i have been looking for something like this for a really long time.
    thanks so much for posting this. i know you know a lot about make-up, i should of just asked you! :)

Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    thank you, goldy!

i often feel like i post such silly, superficial stuff, but it's nice to know that my makeup junkie-ness comes in handy for others!

:D
    My blog:

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Hey rou -

I have always struggled with colors for my eyes - they're sort of a topaz/deep honey color with navy blue ring around the iris. I always though of "warm" colors, but brown and tan eye make-up looks terrible on me - very muddy. I stick with with wood-rose colors, which work, but I'd like to branch out.

What would you suggest, m'dear? :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Hey rou -

I have always struggled with colors for my eyes - they're sort of a topaz/deep honey color with navy blue ring around the iris. I always though of "warm" colors, but brown and tan eye make-up looks terrible on me - very muddy. I stick with with wood-rose colors, which work, but I'd like to branch out.

What would you suggest, m'dear? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file