v05 and scalp problems

hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
does anyone else get bad scalp problems when using vo5 as a cowash?

I got a few bottles and first time i used them as a cowash it was fine. Then the second time I used it as a cowash, my scalpwas so itchy it burned. I had bad flakes and huge flakes. I even added tea tree oil to them which works for me all the time. Still awful. I thought ok well maybe its my suaves that i use as a leave in. sure enough I shampooed today and used my suave leave ins and my head is fine. needless to say I threw out my v05s and Im going back to my good cowash. oh well

it kinda sucks though cos I wanted to stick to cheap cowashes.

anyone else have any problems with v05?

Comments

• pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    This is one of the main reasons why I stopped using this product. I bought the strawberry Moisture Milk and the kiwi lime squeeze conditioner one time. The next day I used it as a co-wash and it smelled straight toxic!! I was coughing in the shower! The trippy part is it wasn't expired!

I now use SM co-wash and love the results. I have switched to organic products and never looked back!

Sent from my N861 using CurlTalk App
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    yeah i mean im just gonna stick to the conditioner from whole foods. its their line. but its 6 bucks for a huge bottle. its the mint one. I love it and it never gave me problems. vo5 was the worst thing for my hair. weird part is. I use to use it and I had no problem. i dont know why now my scalp hates it.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    Oh wow yes the same with me. I wonder if its exposure to those chemicals overtime that made me have a allergic reaction like that? IDK

I had even tried using this conditioner as a leave-in from the reviews I saw on here....BIG MISTAKE!! But what works for some doesn't work for everyone.

But I second the WF Mint conditioner. Its a dream. I am also in love with their grapefruit one. :)

Now I have noticed using an organic conditioner as a leave-in works wonders and I have no scalp itches or anything. Hmmmm...
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    yeah im back to my whole foods mint cowash and my scalp is fine. I threw my vo5s out lol
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,619Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've used VO5 conditioners for years with no issues at all. But everyone is different so it's possible that your hair/scalp just doesn't like an ingredient or a combo of ingredient in certain conditioners.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file