We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Help! never seen my hair type

CoPa708CoPa708 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey everyone,

I need suggestions on how to handle my hair type. I've seen hair similar but never the same other than my grandmother. I'm of middle eastern descent and my hair is curly (when i grow it out).

Right now, I keep it about 1 - 2 inches long, and it doesn't appear curly but it is very frizzy. I had to learn how to cut my own hair because no one else can. I used to wear a hat and it just caused scalp irritation, and I even ended up losing hair rapidly (even when i was 13). My hair is very thick but it appears thin, which I believe is due to my hair texture.

With that being said, i've researched wen and hair one. I have yet to try either because i feel they're too pricey. I also feel like i'd have to use these products more than the average person. I've tried several different shampoos and conditioners but never noticed a change. i'm not sure how to approach my hair type or what method i'm supposed to use to make it look the best it can be.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

Comments

• davidkaltsasdavidkaltsas Posts: 119Registered Users
    CoPa708 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I need suggestions on how to handle my hair type. I've seen hair similar but never the same other than my grandmother. I'm of middle eastern descent and my hair is curly (when i grow it out).

Right now, I keep it about 1 - 2 inches long, and it doesn't appear curly but it is very frizzy. I had to learn how to cut my own hair because no one else can. I used to wear a hat and it just caused scalp irritation, and I even ended up losing hair rapidly (even when i was 13). My hair is very thick but it appears thin, which I believe is due to my hair texture.

With that being said, i've researched wen and hair one. I have yet to try either because i feel they're too pricey. I also feel like i'd have to use these products more than the average person. I've tried several different shampoos and conditioners but never noticed a change. i'm not sure how to approach my hair type or what method i'm supposed to use to make it look the best it can be.

any help would be appreciated,
    thanks

I think that you dont treat it the right way. I suggest to try to shamppo and condition your hair and dont. Brush or comb it.this way you can see if your hair is really as straight as you think or it looks straight because of brushing (i am sure that will help with your frizz problem too: )
    Curl Pattern: 3a mixed with 3b
    Porosity:Low
    Density:Medium to High
    Width:Medium-Coarse
    Length:Medium

CG Method since 25/6/13

Want to reach terminal length !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file