Newbie from Oklahoma in 'Transition'

lovinlifelovinlife Posts: 3Registered Users
I decided to go naturally curly a few weeks ago :D . I've wanted to do this for the longest but recently built up enough courage to go for it. I am 26 years old and have had relaxers literally since I was about 4 or 5 years old....poor me, I know (I've already vowed that when I have girls, I will NEVER relax their hair). In a way I feel that I was robbed of my curlies when I was a child... :cry:

I am very excited about this journey and even more thrilled that I have a "support group" to share the process with...yay!!! Tonight I bought the CG book and have thumbed through it a bit. However, I must admit this transition is like learning another language. I have to re-program myself...lol!

I am relaxer free since 11.7.06 and my hair is 3c/4a. I have about 1.5 (stretched) of new growth. I am going to wait until next January for the BC, since I have long hair and I'm not fond of the idea of chopping it to a few inches...yikes!

So surprisingly I have a ton of questions. :) Like what products are best for my hair etc...any advice from others that were in a similar situation that I am in would be superb.

I look forward to meeting some of you curlies out there! Well, I better go and start reading my CG book....
event.png

BC: 6.2.07

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! Congrats on your journey!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • kdkd Posts: 291Registered Users
    Your story is very simialr to mine. I've been relaxer free now since the first week in DEC. 06. I started recieveing relaxers when i was 12 years old. I was going to wait until June, 28th birthday for the BC, but I couldn't take it. I cut it off 2weeks ago today. I am very pleased with my decision! :D
    Im playing around with products right now.
    I'm on Carol's daughter right now. Their products are all natural which i love. Check out their website; www.Carolsdaughter.com
    Im thinking about letting my hair grow through the summer and then putting braids in for several months.
    comic-p.jpg

Hairveda Whipped cream, suave tropical coconut, kenra, pantene r&n mask:color:http://public.fotki.com/silkycurlskd/

event.png
  • RaindiamondsRaindiamonds Posts: 218Registered Users
    Welcome to Nc.
    My hair is naturally curly,very long thick corkscrew curls that are 3Braindiamonds.gif
    http://whatsnew.fotki.com/raindiamonds/
    will add more curl pics soon,thx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file