3a or 3b or both?

echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
just a general consensus will do... I have before and after pics on my fotki but the before pic shows my hair about 6-8in shorter. It is medium thickness and fairly coarse. My curls are pretty tight spirals when short and as you can see in the most recent pics gets kinda pulled out with length. But I don't know what to think...just so I know.
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I'd say you're a true 3A. Many of us are 3A/wavies (myself included) because we have a combination of curls and waves, but you look like a textbook 3A to me. And very pretty!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    Thanks for that, I was confused about all the talk about spirals, curls and waves and such. Much easier to have another person "diagnose" you. LOL
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I stay confused. I think I"m a 2c with 3a thrown in but hey if you're textbook 3a maybe I"m deluded.
    I do know that generally 3a is straighter , especially at the roots when shorter and gets curlier when longer. That's what I base what I call myself on.
    So I join you in your confusion. YOu're welcome to hang here, you look like a 3a aspiring to 3b or just a real strong 3a to me.

No matter what your number and letter your hair is beautiful! I love that pic with the Loob in it too!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi,

Your hair is similar to mine and it's a solid 3a. But if you're like me your curls are way better in the summer humidity.
    :D
    Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
    PW: curlz
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Lovely hair!

I'd say something like 2c/3a (not that I fully get the system, but that's my best guess). Probably more like 3a? Your wave/curl pattern reminds me a lot of mine, with maybe a bit more curl . . .
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file