CurlTalk

Tresemme Naturals issues!

Hello, all! :) I've recently become very frustrated with TN. When I condition then rinse and leave a little in, 99% of the time it leaves my curls with a coated, sticky feeling! I always detangle with a wide tooth comb when I am out of the shower, so detangling has turned into a messy ordeal. I believe I have low/normal porosity. WHAT is going on? Is my hair reacting to an ingredient?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!

Comments

• newseasonnewseason Posts: 98Registered Users
    your hair may be reacting to something in it. If it is then stop leaving it in and try something else. I felt that way about the nourishing moisture one and read an article on NC.com that said there is an ingredient that some have issues with it irritating their scalp. I use the tn nm as a detangler/to and use the radiant volume to li (doesn't have that ingredient-can't remember what it is, sorry). People seem to like sm curl and style milk and say that's a good leave in or Cantu Shea butter leave in. If u really like tn (like I do :D) then try just using it to detangle or mix it with other stuff for a deep conditioner but rinse it out completely. Not everyone can leave in all conditioners. Hth! Good luck finding something else!
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Maybe the fatty acids and fatty alcohols are building up in combination with the oils you are also using. Have you tried clarifying or just a week or two on a light CO-wash/ milk type conditioner? Will your hair type not permit detangling in the shower with soaking wet hair coated in conditioner?
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    this is why I stopped using their stuff.
  • HootenannyHootenanny Posts: 300Registered Users
    My hair hates Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, and this is a major ingredient in TN. It makes my hair feel coated and nasty. I'm also low-po, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ingredient is disagreeing with your hair as well! I'd drop this condish and try something new. Hope you find a better product soon! :icescream:
    :cat: Medium/coarse, low porosity, dense, mix of 3s :cat:
    CG (again) since Nov. 2012

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention, Elucence MBC, KC Come Clean
    Condish: Giovanni DL, Cure Care, Ion Treatment, GVP Balm, AOHR
    Protein: AOGPB, CNPF, SSRPT
    Stylers: KCCC, SM Souffle, AOMM, SS CEJ, JCRR, JCCC

:cat: Trying out steaming! :cat:
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love the moisturising conditioner as a rinse out but can't use it as a leave-in at all, leaves my hair a bit sticky feeling as you say.
    3b in South Australia.
  • ElizabethFaithElizabethFaith Posts: 429Registered Users
    Thanks, everyone, for all the suggestions. I think I'm going to stop using it. I really wanted to love it because of the size/price ratio. But I'm getting good results with GVPCB so far. We'll see!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
    Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
    RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
    Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
    Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    hambo02 wrote: »
    this is why I stopped using their stuff.

+1. Also it started giving me weird scalp itchies even after thoroughly rinsing it out!!! I have switched to organic conditioners but they pail in comparison to the slip this conditioner gave me. :(
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter