We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Which Flat Iron is Best?

naturaleighmenaturaleighme Posts: 6Registered Users
Tourmaline, Ceramic, or Titanium?

I am not new here, but haven't posted in ages. I am looking to buy a flat iron for my daughter. Her hair is thick naturally curly and she generally has it done professionally. I want to start doing her hair myself. She does wear it natural sometimes and already has some heat damage from years before.

The information online I have found, doesn't seem to be very helpful, there are so many conflicting ideas, so it's hard to tell.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    I heard ceramic is the best for no snags and pulls. I have a chi. the black one that says global beauty.
  • naturaleighmenaturaleighme Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks for your response! I'm not getting a lot of feedback and I'm really trying to make a purchase decision today.
  • So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    The general consensus is that (depending on your hair type) ceramic or ceramic coated are the safest.

The most popular ones seemed to be the Sedu or the Solia to name two...

But you can compare brands at www.folica.com . The testimonials with before and after photos are the most helpful.

Good luck!
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!
  • xfallenwingsxfallenwings Posts: 24Registered Users
    I have the GHD brand. It works really well to straighten my hair, almost to stick straight! It's expensive, but really works good. I highly recommend it! :)

My Guess at my Hair:
    Mix of 2B/2C/3A
    Low Porosity & Medium Density
    Fine/Medium & Above Shoulder Length (growing)

CG since 5/2013

Products I love So Far:
    Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut & Juicy Green Apple (Cleanse)
    V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie (Cleanse)
    DevalCurl One Condition (RO/LI)
    DevalCurl Light Defining Gel
    Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Kinky Curly Knot Today (LI)
    Coconut Oil (DT)
    Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Shampoo (Clarify)

:hello2:
  • YoshimiYoshimi Posts: 237Registered Users
    I have G

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using CurlTalk App
    2C, Medium thickness, Low posity
    Recovering from a year of keratin and bleach with CG

Routine

Low Poo, Condition, Leave in, Curl cream, Supersoak, Gel, Diffuse on high heat, with minimal lift to encourage waves and reduce frizz, Dry on cool with nozzle down to smooth hair and finish drying,Shine Serum

Weekly gelatin protien treatments.
  • YoshimiYoshimi Posts: 237Registered Users
    Oops, meant to say, I have GHD brand too and having tried many over the years it is by far my favorite. My current one is 3 years old and has traveled all over the world and still works as well as the day I bought it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using CurlTalk App
    2C, Medium thickness, Low posity
    Recovering from a year of keratin and bleach with CG

Routine

Low Poo, Condition, Leave in, Curl cream, Supersoak, Gel, Diffuse on high heat, with minimal lift to encourage waves and reduce frizz, Dry on cool with nozzle down to smooth hair and finish drying,Shine Serum

Weekly gelatin protien treatments.
  • monique.browmonique.brow Posts: 7Registered Users
    for me the best flat iron is the karmin g3, it has tourmaline ceramic plates that cause less damage to the hair. :D if you are interested I bought mine @ safrons. com :D good luck girl :P :grommit: :queen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file