We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How do you do an ACV rinse?

I need to clarify and detangle this weekend. My curls need to pop and look aesome for an event tomorrow, and i've heard great things about ACV rinses. Any tips? And is it drying?
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I think the ratio depends on who replies, but for example I use about 1/2 cup of vinegar to 2 cups of warm water. Even better if you can use distilled water. I mix mine up and then pour it in a bowl, then bend my head over and stick my head in there (well, not my face and eyes of course ;) ) and let it sit for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out. I usually follow up with a DT.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Yeah, that would kinda hurt, lol :) Sounds pretty simple, im excited! Tomorrow will be my "Hair Beauty" day 8)
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
    Good luck! :D
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I do mine with 2 tablespoons ACV mixed with 2 cups warm water. First I dunk my ends in the cup. Then I pour the rest over all my hair. Swish it around a bit then let it sit for minute. Then rinse.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I just eyeball it, and use maybe 3-4 tablespoons of vinegar in a big plastic cup w/water, and pour it over my head and then rinse it off promptly.
    I didnt get to try this over the weekeend like I planned but I will on thursday. This is a pretty obvious question I guess, but is your hair wet or dry when you first use the ACV? Im pretty sure its wet, but I just want to make sure I do it right when I try this.

comic-p.jpg
    Wet. :)
    Thank you :wink:

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file