CurlTalk

why aren't my curls beautiful when I dissolve the gel cast?

amy215amy215 Posts: 16Registered Users
I use all the devacurl products... It seems that every curly girl needs only gel when hair is wet, and when she dissolves the cast when hair is dry, she has beautiful curly hair all day long.. with my hair it doesn't work... 5 minutes after dissolving, my hair is very frizzfree and I love it. But if I don't take mousse and put it around every single curl, my hair gets really fluffy after only a hour...
does anybody made the same experience? what is the reason???

Comments

• rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users
    Are you using a good leave in conditioner under your gel? Maybe you need to seal between the leave-in and the gel. Are you making sure your hair is dry before breaking it? Also, are your sure it's actually frizzy? My hair definitely becomes puffier after I break the gel cast, but it's not really a bad amount.
    Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
    Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
    Rinse Out:
    Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
    LI: Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Exactly what Rainboe said ... Maybe your hair is continuing to dry out after you scrunch out the crunch? Are you using enough leave in conditioner and are you sure your hair is 100% dry when you break down the gel cast?
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You say you use "all the Devacurl products"...that could be the problem right there. I dont know what you are using but I dont like their products except for the foam. They load on the products so heavy that my hair felt like cotton candy, it was an embarassment. I suspect you are using too much product.