CurlTalk

New here! Kind of intimidated! :D

SaracideSaracide Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello all! I am new here. My name is Sara.
I have struggled with my hair for most of my life. I used to just keep it short so I didn't have to deal with the curls, and then when I did grow it out long, I just straightened it. My hair has gone through a lot. I used to shampoo daily until awhile ago when I started cowashing, but I never stuck with it long. I was cowashing every day though and it made my hair feel icky.

Between straightening, shampooing, products and blowdrying, my hair has a lot of damaged parts. I'm hoping I can restore my hair to it's natural curliness.

I'm excited to find you guys! My hair type is a 2b/2c, it's very thin and fine. I have read a little bit on this site about some techniques and I have decided to go no-poo! I cowashed my hair yesterday and just rinsed it today, and I am currently plopping as I type! I was shocked at how many harmful chemicals are in the shampoo and conditioner brands that I use, so I am looking for some new ones. I've heard Shea Moisture is pretty good, and there is a coconut conditioner I am looking into getting.

I'm ready to finally embrace my curls and learn the proper way to take care of them! I am Polynesian, but I was adopted, so I have Poly hair and have NO idea how to take care of it. I'm hoping that changes here soon and I am hope you ladies can help me along my journey!

Here is a pic of my hair on a "good" hair day.
2012-08-23_21-03-28_708.jpg

I hope I did that right, I'm not used to these forums!
If any of you are Polynesian and know what type of hair I am dealing with, I would LOVE to hear from you and get some tips!

Thanks ladies! I look forward to learning more from you !

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Sara,

Welcome! Natural to feel a little intimidated because there is so much information.

Check out the 2 forum - you may want to post there. We are mostly a very friendly group and you'll likely get lots of responses. Good luck experimenting!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    Hi Sara- your hair will be healthy again in no time. Check out the stickys on the top of all the sections for great tips and advice. Good luck!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    Welcome. You and your hair are both very pretty. :)
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • CrazyCatLadyCrazyCatLady Posts: 63Registered Users
    I'm a total newbie too Sara! It's my 10th day on the CG Method!

Welcome to you and yr curls! :)
    CURLS
    2B/C

HOLY GRAILS
    LO-POO Shea Moisture: Restorative Shampoo (2x/mnth)
    CW V05
    RO GVP Conditioning Balm
    LI Suave Naturals: Tropical Coconut
    PROD Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper and LA Looks: Anti-Frizz
    T's Shea Moisture: Deep Treatment Masque or Shea Moisture: Anti-Breakage Hair Masque, Coconut Oil (1x/wk)
  • LoveInBetweenLoveInBetween Posts: 392Registered Users
    Welcome! I love that so many new people a joining, exactly what the site needed.

Shea Moisture is awesome, and since your hair is on the thin side, you should try the line for thin hair (it has a green label).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    Curl Routine
    Co: As I am Coconut CoWash,VO5 Claifying Conditioner
    DC: Macadamia Repair Masque
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Style Creme: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel: KCCC, Eco Styler Argan Oil
    Sealer: EVCO, EVOO

3b/3c, High Desity, High Porosity, Medium Texture, BSL
    ""Live by the sun, love by the moon"

• Always@nightAlways@night Posts: 566Registered Users
    Welcome to NC:-) I have thin fine hair too and I love Shea Moisture Products(well most of them anyway)