CurlTalk

Curly Don't..Need a new look.

bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
curldont.jpg

I went to a conference last week and today they sent the group photo we took. I was in the back row and I was horrified when I saw how frizzy my curls where. I could have sworn my hair looked cute when I left the house.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get a trim but I think I need a style or a color or something. I made a pintrest page with all my favorite curly hair styles.
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpinterest.com%2Fbellaviediva%2Fcurly-godmother%2F" class="Popup

My question for the community is...How did you get to a cut and shape that worked for you.

I'm thinking of just letting my hair dresser do what she wants with it but I'm curious what others have done.

~ Julie
3b to 4a?

My Routine
Pre-Poo:Conditioner & Avocado Oil or Jamaican Black Caster Oil or Coconut Oil
Co-wash - One Hair for Dry Hair
Moisturize - Coco curls or beija flore creme brulee
Leave In - Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie
Gel - Kinky Curly Custard, Deva Spray Gel
Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:
Deep Conditioner - Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner or Caster Oil & Coconut Oil

Last Relaxer May 2006

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fthereddragonfly.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

Comments

• bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
    thanks Chupie...I liked that one too. I just need enough length to do a pony puff so that style fits the bill. Thanks for replying. It helps alot!
    Julie
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    One thing key to a good cut, take pictures with you!! Whatever you pick post pictures!
    thanks I will
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,088Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    chupie wrote: »

i like that one too. i think it is a combination of the cut and i'm guessing she must diffuse it to the side??
    anyway, i think a cut is a good idea. bring photos to the cut and ask her how your hair will look when she is finished.
    good luck and post photos!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    I have no advice on cuts, but just wanted to tell you I love your hair in the group photo- it doesn't look frizzy to me...it looks voluminous ! I'm jealous! ;)
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
    Chloe thanks for that. I got my hair cut yesterday and we started to talk about how people with straight hair want curly and vise versa. It got me thinking about appreciating my unique curls. I thought I had embraced it until I saw the photo and freaked out. It didn't look the way I thought it did and that was upsetting..in the moment.

Looking back .. it was only the second time I wore my curls out to work so I think I was a little self conscious of it.

I never thought about the fullness being beautiful. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've got a bit more work to do to embrace my curls.

I did get a trim and the shape really makes a difference. I'll post photos soon.
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Also I have found hair looks a lot different in pics than real life. I think it's a lighting issue. My phone photos NEVER look like my hair does in the mirror. And it doesn't look like it not in a good way.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    Your hair didn't look frizzy to me in the pic you posted, just a little "wilder" than what you were probably going for.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I got a deva cut last July but as it has grown out and reached an awkward length I got ombré highlights instead of cutting it again and with ombré highlights I dnt have to worry about touch ups really
    curly cutie...Great to know...Highlights is what my hair stylist suggested for our next visit. I picked some colors and we have a plan for next time. Maybe in a month or two.
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:

Last Relaxer May 2006