Fine lines around eyes...what to do?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
I'm 25. Typically my skin is very oily but lately it has felt dry due to the winter weather perhaps? I am also very breakout prone and my skin can get irritated easily. I have noticed some fine lines under my eyes. Also possibly some forehead lines due to raising my eyebrows when on the computer and squinting when outside. I know this is part of the aging process but I feel I'm too young to have these problems already.

Besides sunscreen (I have to hunt for one that doesn't feel greasy or break me out) what can I do for my eyes? Some sort of eye cream?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Retin-A and copper peptides are the only things clinically proven to reduce fine lines. Anything else is just moisturizer. Nothing wrong with moisturizing...just try not to go too heavy with moisturizer on the undereye area. That area can be prone to tiny cysts called milia when the pores get clogged there.
  • sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
    what products have copper peptides? thanks!
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    the forehead lines from raising your eyebrows can only be helped by Botox.

i have them REALLY badly!

squinting outside????

how many times have you seen me tell people to wear BIG, DARK sunglasses when they're outside?

i even wear them on cloudy days.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    I'm not sure if the things on my forehead are lines or large pores in a line pattern. I would feel dumb wearing large sunglasses every day even in the winter, but perhaps I'll have to start doing that.

Can you apply products directly under your eyes?
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    what products have copper peptides? thanks!

Lots of commercial products contain CP's. Neova is one brand that comes to mind. I think Avon has a CP, as well as many other drugstore brands. Unfortunately, they usually put so little CP in their products that it won't do anything. I use Skin Biology brand, because their active CP's are really active:

http://skinbiology.com/#
    tgreyz wrote:
    I would feel dumb wearing large sunglasses every day even in the winter, but perhaps I'll have to start doing that.

one day, when you're almost 50 and people think you're 32, you'll be glad you did!
    Can you apply products directly under your eyes?

yes, of course.

try Regenerist Eye Serum.
    My blog:

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    tgreyz wrote:
    I would feel dumb wearing large sunglasses every day even in the winter, but perhaps I'll have to start doing that.

I never get why some people say "Why are you wearing sunglasses in the wintertime?" Well, there's still sunlight and sunny days even if it's winter and cold, right? So don't feel dumb, there is still sunlight out there and those sunny days with snow on the ground can make your squinting even worse. And there are many hot styles that are big. Mine are not Nicole Richie big/round but they are longer/sleeker and cover from my eyebrows to my cheeks. Cute little rhinestones on the side and very dark lenses.

I always have my sunglasses, maybe not on rainy days, but I make sure they are on top of my head before I leave my house just about every morning! :)
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
    on really overcast days, i wear brown lenses in a gradient pattern.

the rest of the time, mine are Jackie Kennedy size and darkness!

:D
    My blog:

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    These are my brown ones, I love them but they leave dents on my cheeks LOL

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=6282846&albumID=0&imageID=6044590
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file