CurlTalk

I need volume!

I REALLY need some help in the volume department. I have no clue how to even start to get it. My hair is 2b/c, low-med porosity, fine, and shoulder length.

I am using Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening condish and Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam. They work GREAT, but no matter what I do I can never get volume at my ROOTS.

Help? :confused2:

Comments

• RytokaRytoka Posts: 309Registered Users
    Have you tried clipping! There is a good how to video on the Deva site
    Katie
    2C/3a, Medium Texture, Normal porosity, High Density, Normal Elasticity (so says the LCLF Hair analysis)
    Co Wash: As I am
    RO: Yes To Carrots / Ion
    LI: Biotera / Samy Big Curls Defining Cream
    Gel: FSG, Volumax (Original and Mega)
    Color: Henna
    Tools: Diffusing
    :thumright:
  • WeathercurlWeathercurl Posts: 228Registered Users
    I think diffusing is important for overall volume but clipping is the only thing that guarantees root volume. I can kind of tell after I diffuse if I need to clip. If things are looking flat, I clip or use some small jaw clamps for 10 to 30 minutes and that does the trick. I pineapple at night and that gives me plenty of volume for 2 or 3rd day hair.
    2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
    Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Current rotation:
    cowash= TN
    AG Gel Mousse, LA Gel,
    DT = Coconut oil (love)
  • NoumenonNoumenon Posts: 86Registered Users
    I second the clipping for volume but a couple of other ideas are:

- Do your hair drying up side down
    - Dry shampoo, Its the bomb! I often go flat at the back of my head, i spray a little on to the base of my roots and I get quite a bit of lift.
    - There are volume powders that you shake though your hair, they do a really good job for some of my friends with very fine limp hair.
    Modified CG since 8/12
    Hair: BSL, Thick, Low Porosity, Dense, 3A
    HG's: Moogoo, Ultraorganics Intense Camomile Conditioner and Clear Henna Hair Wax, Sukin Conditioners, CO, Spray Bottle, Henna
    Low-Poo: Moogoo Shampoo
    Co-Wash: Sukin Nourishing Conditioner
    DT: CHHW, ICC, CO
    LI: Sukin Moisture Restoring
    Colour: Henna
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • wavywonderwavywonder Posts: 32Registered Users
    I use this with great results...

Amazon.com: got2b Powder'ful Volumizing Styling Powder-0.35 oz: Health & Personal Care

You shake it into your roots and sort of rub it in, and instant volume! Now it does leave a residue at your roots that you have to wash out in the shower later, but I don't really care since it works so well and nobody can tell but me. Also, I bought mine at Walgreens rather than Amazon and paid about half the price. The small bottle lasts forever and ever too.
  • WeathercurlWeathercurl Posts: 228Registered Users
    Wavywonder is on to something. I forgot how much volume I get when I use dry shampoo. I get BIG hair and it lasts all day. Total '80's flashback. ;-)
    2b/2c ( weather permitting - 3a), fine texture but lots of it, colored and highlights, BSL.
    Experimenting w CG since Oct 2012

Current rotation:
    cowash= TN
    AG Gel Mousse, LA Gel,
    DT = Coconut oil (love)
  • angelicakangelicak Posts: 127Registered Users
    I REALLY need some help in the volume department. I have no clue how to even start to get it. My hair is 2b/c, low-med porosity, fine, and shoulder length.

I am using Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening condish and Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam. They work GREAT, but no matter what I do I can never get volume at my ROOTS.

Help? :confused2:

HAIR TWIN?
    :D
    I just diffuse upside down, can't figure out clipping so whatever but I adore my diffuser it's amazing
    CG since: 2/9/2013
    HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
    Currently using:
    Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
    Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
    Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
    Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
    PT: gelatin!
    DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.:p
    Always learning!