Eyeshadow techniques for deep set eyes

curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
Are there any? I mean I have almost no lid showing under my browbone. I used to wear a lot of eyeshadow to try to give the illusion that I had a lid, but it just started to look dorky after about 20, so I gave it up. I'm ready for a different look (right now I just wear liner and mascara). Should I just use one color? Which one? I have dark hair and brown eyes. TIA
Don't keep up with the Joneses....drag them down to your level--Quentin Crisp

Comments

• curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
    OK, then...maybe I should just buy new lipstick and forget the whole eyeshadow thing *L*.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i have a feeling we had a topic on this on the non-hair board back in November or December, but i can't find it!!! :(

it's a makeup question, so i remember responding [boy! do i EVER respond to makeup questions]!!! :D

i'll keep looking and see if i can find the topic for you and/or the website that had the tips i referenced for the other member.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    aha! it was my own thread - Rouquinne's Makeup Tips!

:D

"the number one thing you need to avoid is dark colours!

if you've got any black eyeliners or dark brown shadows, throw them out or give them away. dark colours make things recede and that's the last thing you need with deep-set eyes.

use a light colour from lash line to brow bone. you can even get away with using white along the brow bone. for an accent, use a slightly darker shade JUST ABOVE your natural crease. you might have to practice a lot to get the technique just right.

for lining, use liquid liner or a very sharp pencil and start from the centre of the iris going to the outer corner. NEVER start at the inner corner with liner.

use mascara lavishly both top and bottom."

HTH
    My blog:

• curls&swirlscurls&swirls Posts: 70Registered Users
    Thanks! Can't believe I didn't think to search first :oops: Looks like I was somewhat on target.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    rouquinne wrote:
    aha! it was my own thread - Rouquinne's Makeup Tips!

"the number one thing you need to avoid is dark colours!

if you've got any black eyeliners or dark brown shadows, throw them out or give them away. dark colours make things recede and that's the last thing you need with deep-set eyes.

use a light colour from lash line to brow bone. you can even get away with using white along the brow bone. for an accent, use a slightly darker shade JUST ABOVE your natural crease. you might have to practice a lot to get the technique just right.

for lining, use liquid liner or a very sharp pencil and start from the centre of the iris going to the outer corner. NEVER start at the inner corner with liner.

use mascara lavishly both top and bottom."

HTH

liner on top or bottom? what color should a person w/ deep-set eyes use?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • RachL168RachL168 Posts: 4Registered Users
    rouquinne - I have deep set eyes also. We shouldn't use dark eyeliner even if we have dark hair, eyes, and eyelashes? Do you have a good eyeliner you can recommed? (with a fine point)
    rouquinne - I have deep set eyes also. We shouldn't use dark eyeliner even if we have dark hair, eyes, and eyelashes? Do you have a good eyeliner you can recommed? (with a fine point)
    rachel, i just responded to your PM. i forgot to mention that i use pencil liners myself and buy cheap pencil sharpeners at an office supply store instead of "makeup pencil sharpeners" to use on mine!

they are the same thing after all!

[in my makeup tips thread - on the non-hair board, you'll have to do a search - i also talk about using brushes from the art supply store instead of buying expensive ones!]
    My blog:

Angela - thank you so much for all the great tips!!! I am going to the store today to buy new eyeliner cause I have been using black all along. Thanks again!!
    bumping for kennesaw!
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file