Scalp hurts when I "pineapple" hair

sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
Does anyone else's scalp hurt when they "pineapple" or put their hair up for extended periods of time? I pineappled my hair last night and I woke up with a sore scalp. It made shampooing today painful x_x
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Registered Users Posts: 813 Curl Neophyte
    I've not had that problem but can understand that it may be an issue for some. Are you leaving the pineapple loose? Mine is usually loose enough that the scrunchie could slide right out. Is your hair long and/or heavy? You may want to use a few pins to secure it so it's not tugging on your scalp. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase. That can reduce friction and tugging.
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
    I do leave it loose and I have a satin pillowcase :-/ I would say I have a high density and fine hair
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:
  • CurlyIndianGirlCurlyIndianGirl Registered Users Posts: 161
    I have this issue, I have high density hair too. If I leave the pineapple lose, my hair gets messy. So I go inbetween, neither too tight nor too lose, I use a normal hair tie. Also I clip up the hanging hair from the pineapple ponytail back, that takes away the weight of the pineapple ponytail. Hope this helps

Sometimes I just braid it lose in the pineapple instead of the using a hairtie/scrunchie
    3a with some 2a-2c, Medium/Low Porosity
    Co-wash:deva no-poo/Vo5 kiwi
    Detangle:Suave
    Leave-in:Shea Moisture/GVP conditioning Balm/AOHSR

Since long hair- I finger twist in big chunks, which helps till 5th day hair:farao:
    Gel:LA sports
    Plop: Old T-shirt for 15 minutes ,diffuse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file