We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Types of permanent hair straighthing treatments

Kmcg125Kmcg125 Posts: 6Registered Users
I am 16 years old and have 3b hair. My hair is very dense and dry. I've always wanted perfectly straight hair. I get keratin treatments about twice a year but they are very expensive and only last about a week before my hair becomes unmanageable again. I almost got a sodium hair treatment but my hair styles told me that my hair was too dry and it would damage my hair too much. Is there no permanent hair treatment that will not dry out my hair but will actually make it completely straight?! I've seen many African American women with relaxed hair and I want to do that to my hair but my hair is just too dry what to I do!? :(

Comments

• So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    As you are a teen, I would suggest talking to your stylist about a relaxer appropriate for your hair type.

Maybe something like the Japanese-Straightener that some salons offer would work out for you. But, like any relaxer or texturizer, it is permanent and has to grow out, so you should talk to your parents and an appropriate stylist about it.
    'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file