CurlTalk

The Pizza Thread!

rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
why don't we have a thread about this yet? look at how much love the bacon thread gets!

:D

pizza-smiley.gif?1292867655

what's your favourite pizza???

mine is the classic Canadian: bacon, ham, mushrooms!
My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Pepperoni, green pepper, black olives, no sauce. But I will take a supreme hold the onions and not complain one bit.

Garlic butter for dipping please.

I'll order a pizza, then put it in the fridge for cold eating. I'm not a big fan of actual hot pizza. We have sucky pizza in Utah. I'm sure if I had an actual real life good pizza it would be good hot. But no...

• juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote: »
    why don't we have a thread about this yet? look at how much love the bacon thread gets!

:D

pizza-smiley.gif?1292867655

what's your favourite pizza???

mine is the classic Canadian: bacon, ham, mushrooms!

I like that, but I would have to add black olives, spinach, and tomatoes.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    I also love white pizza with spinach, Canadian bacon, mushrooms and black olives.

co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)

event.png
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    All, it just depends on who makes them.

I go to the little Italian shops for pizza. Just because I live in a dorm doesn't mean I'm not classy when It comes to pizza. :lol:

Let me tell you:

Lil Caesars - Never.
    Papa Johns - No.
    Dominoes - No.
    Pizza Hut- If I have to.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I like pepperoni, jalapenos, and mushrooms.

Or Hawaiian: Canadian bacon and pineapple.

And if I could get my hands on some chimichurri sauce, that is THE BEST TOPPING EVAH!

Ranch works sometimes. Depends on my mood. Mmmm..... pizza....

CPK used to have a Southwestern Mexican or some crap. it had black beans as the pizza sauce and chicken. It came with green sauce and sour cream. I really liked that one. I wish they still had it. Not that I ever go there... but still.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I like almost anything on pizza - I'm really not picky at all. Although I don't like 'Greek' style pizza, its too heavy and the oil is just too much.
    My two favorites are from local places, one has garlic, marinated chicken, and spinach. Maybe black olives, I dont remember, it's been a while.
    The other is called 'The Aloha', it's a flatbreat, brick oven cooked and described as "Our Special Jack Daniel’s oven roasted pulled pork with caramelized pineapples and tangy BBQ sauce. Topped with monterey jack and cheddar cheeses". No sauce except for the bbq, its aaaamazing!
    We also have 'beach pizza' here in NH, I'm not sure if thats a local style or not but its a thinner crust, square slices, with sweet sauce and sprinkling of cheese. We usually add a slice of provolone on top. Its light and crispy, and yes, you usually have to go to the beach to get it, although more local shops are starting to sell it now, but it's not the same. Tripoli Bakery If you're curious
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    I like pepperoni, jalapenos, and mushrooms.

Or Hawaiian: Canadian bacon and pineapple.

And if I could get my hands on some chimichurri sauce, that is THE BEST TOPPING EVAH!

Ranch works sometimes. Depends on my mood. Mmmm..... pizza....

CPK used to have a Southwestern Mexican or some crap. it had black beans as the pizza sauce and chicken. It came with green sauce and sour cream. I really liked that one. I wish they still had it. Not that I ever go there... but still.

Is there something I am missing about CPK?

event.png
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    No. You aren't missing anything. I only ever had it because I was ordering them for a meeting every two weeks at a job I had in 1998. It was only local place open on Sundays. downtown LA was thriving like that back then. =)

But yeah, it isn't great.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • LuuuuucyLuuuuucy Posts: 146Registered Users
    For me there are two schools of pizza- gourmet pizza (like little pizzerias, Dewey's- is that a chain?, etc) and quick/delivery- Papa Johns, Dominoes, etc. I honestly like both at different times and I'm in the mood for one or the other usually.
    Dewey's is my all time fave. Not sure how widespread the chain is, I'm in Cincinnati. Their white pizza is delicious.
    Papa johns is my favorite delivery. I could live on their breadsticks forever I'm pretty sure.
    Curly work in progress
    2C with some 3A if all the stars align
    Low porosity, medium to low density and fine
    No sulfates since 2009
    CG since 2013

In my stash:
    Shampoos and conditioners- Tresemme Naturals Low Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Aloe, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave Ins- Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers- KCCC, AG Recoil, KY Lubricant (yup), SM Curl Milk
    Gels- Ecostyler, Biosilk RHG
    Mousse- Devacurl Uplifting Foam, Suave Captivating Curls
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    One of the best I've tried was a gourmet eggplant parmegiana pizza. I also had one made with chicken, curry and white wine, yum!
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    ^ YEP. I still drool any time I think about the eggplant parm pizza I had a month or two ago. I'm not even exaggerating... IT WAS LIFE CHANGING, YOU GUISE.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    I love pizza. I tried to make a healthier version on whole wheat pita and it was delicious. I got fresh baked pita from an Arabic restaurant, they are the best I have ever had. I also bought the garlic sauce there which was delicious and it's different than the garlic pizza sauce, it's a lot better in my opinion. I used the garlic sauce first then the pizza sauce and just added sautéed peppers and onions, some spicy beef, olives and low fat cheese. It was very good.ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1367126206.399919.jpg

My favourite pizza is from this family owned authentic Italian restaurant in Toronto called Vesuvio. The pizza is delicious and the restaurant has been around since 1957.
  • LotusthreadsLotusthreads Posts: 27Registered Users
    I like pepperoni, artichoke and goat's cheese pizza. I finally found a decent gluten free pizza base mix and had pizza for the first time in ages :) yum
    Hair type: 2c/3a, fine, med density, med-high porosity
    Co-wash: tresemme naturals
    RO: garnier fructis nutri-repair nourishing, matrix cb, ytc
    LI: sukin, matrix cb, kckt
    Sealer: argan oil, coconut oil
    Gel: garnier fructis endurance 24 hr, kccc
    Dt: matrix cb, alchemy masque
    Pt: gelatin, joico Kpak
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thin crust, roasted garlic and pineapple....so yummy!!!!

Ericachristina....if you're ever in Newmarket, there is a place called Naples just off the 404. Best pizza (outside of Italy & AC) I've ever had!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I had the best pizza last night at a Tapas restaurant! It was a thin crust stone oven pizza. Shrimp Oreganato. Oven roasted tomato, fresh mozzarella and marinara. We ordered it for the table but after two bites I wanted the whole thing for myself!

I own a pizza stone and I'm playing with the idea of making my own pizza. My friend once made me a salad pizza and it was delicious. Of course, to guarantee I don't ruin it, I will buy the dough and sauce from the place we get our pizza.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey, medussa! Missed ya : D
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    I own a pizza stone and I'm playing with the idea of making my own pizza. My friend once made me a salad pizza and it was delicious. Of course, to guarantee I don't ruin it, I will buy the dough and sauce from the place we get our pizza.

I don't know if you have a whole foods nearby but their crust is very good. You can buy it fresh or frozen. I usually let it rest at room temp for a bit then stretch it out & place it on my stone until its lightly browned. Then I take it out, top it, and place it back in the oven to finish baking. It comes out great.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    Thin crust, roasted garlic and pineapple....so yummy!!!!

Ericachristina....if you're ever in Newmarket, there is a place called Naples just off the 404. Best pizza (outside of Italy & AC) I've ever had!

Good to know, thanks!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My favorite will always be my grandmother's or my dad's - home made dough, thin in the center with a thick chewy edge. Canned crushed tomatoes, lots of garlic, oregano, and hot pepper flakes. A light sprinkling of parm cheese. That's it.

My favorite retail pizza comes for a little shop that's been here since I was a kid. It tastes exactly the same now as it did then, with the same crispy crust.

I will get a Hot N Ready from Little Caesars when the mood hits.

I love cold pizza for breakfast.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i can't eat cold pizza - it has to be re-heated!
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^ Freak.
    : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    ^ Freak.

People look at me like I'm a freak when I gnaw on a piece or 7 of cold pizza for breakfast. But it's so good!

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thin crust, lots of roasted veggies, thin layer of red marinara sauce, and crumbled goat cheese.

I tried making a pizza this weekend with a cauliflower crust. It tasted fine, but it crumbled. I'll be trying again. I did manage to make a good cracker using raw/unsalted almonds, red bell pepper and seasonings. Yum!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    My favorite is from this brooklyn style place here in Atlanta. I also like this authentic italian place here. I don't get the hype here about places like felinis and mellow mushrooms. CPK sucks for pizza. I only get pasta from there and their sweet tea is awesome.

As for fast foods, dominos deep dish is my favorite and papa johns my least because the sauce is sweet. Growing up it was Pizza Hut of course. Little Caesars was good too.

I hardly eat pizza these days, I only get cravings once in a while, not my favorite food.

I prefer plain cheese or just a couple toppings. My fav is jalapeno peppers, then olives, mushrooms, onions. I like ground beef/beef sausage but I've only had it from one place since most pple do pork. Other than that i dont like meat on pizzas. I hate pineapple too, ugh.
    ^ Freak.

People look at me like I'm a freak when I gnaw on a piece or 7 of cold pizza for breakfast. But it's so good!

I have to ask. By cold you mean, room temp, yes? As in left out overnight pizza?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,499Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^ Freak.

and PROUD of it!!!!!

yess-smiley.gif?1292867705
    My blog:

^ Freak.

I have to ask. By cold you mean, room temp, yes? As in left out overnight pizza?

I assumed out of the refrigerator. I can do cold or room temp but prefer warm.
    Josephine wrote: »

No can do. Nope. The cheese doesn't even taste like cheese anymore and the consistency is very bothersome. It crumbles in my mouth. No cheesy goodness there at all. But I'm not being judgey. I'll eat rice that has been left out overnight. ;)
    Josephine wrote: »

No can do. Nope. The cheese doesn't even taste like cheese anymore and the consistency is very bothersome. It crumbles in my mouth. No cheesy goodness there at all. But I'm not being judgey. I'll eat rice that has been left out overnight. ;)

Yea it tastes totally diff out of the refrigerator, but I'm still okay with it. Rice has to be hot for me. I just read somewhere that rice shouldnt be left out for more than 5 or 6 hours. LOL, i grew up eating rice that's been left out all the time and still do. Only when it's really warm and it's been more than a day it starts to go bad.