We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Corrective hair coloring?

xocandiixocandii Posts: 94Registered Users Curl Novice
Has anyone ever got this done at the salon? My hair is light up top and dark underneath along with my roots starting to grow in. I really want my hair to be healthy again so I wanted to dye it around the color of my roots. This seems to be what I'd get for this but looking at prices online people are suggesting it costs $100 an hr and it takes 3-4 hrs to get this done :O. Outrageous. Anyone have any experience with this and mind telling me how much it cost? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Do you have a hairdressing school in your area? They will do all kinds of colour services cheaper (and slower!) than the salon.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • xocandiixocandii Posts: 94Registered Users Curl Novice
    I do! However, yesterday I used a box dye and am actually very pleased with the results. It may have been harsher for my hair but it saved me a lot of money and actually feels less dryer than before! I'll just go to the salon to get a trim :).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file