what good inexpensive products to use

kassidykassidy Posts: 26Registered Users
For the past 2-3 years I did both a mild relaxer and keratin treatment on my hair. I did the treatments and cut my hair once a year. I really want to grow my hair longer and also see if I can embrace my natural hair because it is becoming quite costly. My hair is very thick, frizzy, dry, type 3A curls, i am Hispanic if that helps. I also used a lot of heat in my hair because I dont want my hair to look like a giant mess. My routine is wash, product, air dry, then the next day straighten. I do this once a week and i haven't been straightening my hair all that much lately. Now that you have some background, here's my question:

Should i use a Keratin shampoo and conditioner even though i will no longer do the treatments? I was thinking of maybe the Organix keratine shampoo & conditioner and I also was thinking their moracan argon oil shampoo conditioner. or maybe even the Joico products

Also my hair breaks A LOT, and when i brush it i loose my curls and it looks like a poofy lions mane. Could my hair be uncontrollable if its not strong?

Please let me know what you guys think, if you need to know the products i use I will gladly list them. I really want suggestions on Shampoos and conditioners, hopefully ones that are not too pricey. Thank You!

Comments

• KrullenbolKrullenbol Posts: 114Registered Users
    Do you still straighten it? Because that might be the reason that you have so much breakage. I never brush my hair, if I want to detangle it, I use my fingers or wide tooth comb because a brush will just make it frizzy.

I use the Organix Morrocan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner, also the mask and I'm very satisfied with it.

About the Keratine one, I would not use that very often though, maybe once in a while when you do straighten your hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file