Which Brand for Conditioner Washing?

Hey curlies I've noticed that many of you use Suave, VO5 or White Rain conditioners as your washing conditioner. I was wondering which of the three is best, and if you use one of them, which "flavor" do you use/like best? Thanks!
Fia hairtype-> 2c3aNii
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlyinCarolinaCurlyinCarolina Registered Users Posts: 44
    I use vanilla mint tea VO5 and I love the way it leaves my hair feeling, and I REALLY love the way it makes my hair smell = ) It's a gentle yet lasting scent that I can't get enough of
    New to CG so still have a lot to figure out!
    3b,fine, medium to high porosity
    Products: VO5 for CO wash and rinse out. Instead of leave in CO, I use tresemme curl creme to moisterise and prevent frizz. Tresemme curl care gel, and pantene curl locking hair spray.
  • masa_innmasa_inn Registered Users Posts: 306
    I prefer Suave, either one except for Coconut.
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
  • smasters467smasters467 Registered Users Posts: 527
    I use V05 Vanilla Mint Tea too! It smells delicious, and makes my hair feel clean. I also use Deva No-Poo.
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography
  • polkadotpolkadot Registered Users Posts: 27
    I use Garnier, but I really want to try VO5. The smells are to die for! lol
  • memesmemes Registered Users Posts: 785
    I've used several VO5 versions and liked them but my favorite is Trader Joes Refresh.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    I haven't been liking co-washing lately but when I do I like Vo5 Blackberry Sage and Suave Tropical Coconut, Wild Cherry Blossom & Tangerine.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    I love Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra Smoothing Conditioner! I like the way it feels, and it soothes my scalp so that it doesn't itch.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I voted Suave but love both Suave and VO5 equally.
    Suave coconut, VO5 moisture milks strawberry or raspberry and kiwi lime are my favs. I've used them for about 6 years now.
    White Rain conditioners worked fine for me but I didn't like the flavors as well. Too flowery or strong for my taste.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I've tried Sauve and VO5 and tbh never really liked either. I didn't find they gave me the clean feeling I was looking for. I never had the opportunity to try White Rain (couldn't find it locally).

I used Kenra Moisturizing, as both co-wash and rinse out, for 2 yrs or more which I loved.

I just recently switched to CJ Daily Fix which is awesome. I've used it twice and because my hair doesn't need much moisture I only needed to co-wash, I didn't need any additional conditioner.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • nes223nes223 Registered Users Posts: 347
    I use vanilla mint tea VO5 and I love the way it leaves my hair feeling, and I REALLY love the way it makes my hair smell = ) It's a gentle yet lasting scent that I can't get enough of

+1 !!!!
    -nes
    3a/3b
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    Actually I alternate between Suave, vo5 and Salon Care honey almond conditioner. I like them all! As for the Suave/Vo5, I just go with the scent that I want for the day...they seem to clean about the same for me.
    I love the scent of the Suave Cherry Blossom, vanilla and the lavendar/lilac...Vo5-a variety of the "Tea's" smell wonderful and I love the Champaign kiss, kiwi....
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file