CurlTalk

The Body shop products

NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I discovered this wonderful shop called The Body Shop (I know: "only now?").
Product junkie as I am... I bought a lot of products...

So: I bought like almost everything (but the minibottles, to try) from the rainforest lines (except for the balance line since I don't have oily hair or scalp) and body butter and so on...

There are still a couple of things I would like to know though...
1) Do you like the bodyshop hair products? Which ones have you tried and why do(n't) you like them?

2) for the rainforest line: the shampoos are both sulfate and silicone free, but with the conditioner and butter I saw this ingredient "Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent)" and I started getting very very confused... On the bottle itself those products don't claim being sulfatefree, but when I look up the products here on NC it says they are sulfate free... So: is this ingredient a real sulfate or not? (in other words: can I use it being CG?)

3) I haven't bought the banana conditioner yet...
I wanted to know: is that one CG friendly?
And can you use it to do a PT treatment? since it does have banana, right?
Is it high in proteins or not? (at the moment it seems I 'm overproteined... but I'm sure I was underproteined a month ago)
2c: fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, normal-high density
CG since March 8th 2013
Low Poo: Rainforest Radiance shampoo
Conditioner: Yes to Cucumbers
Styler: BRHG, Garnier Fructis Gel
PT: Gliss Kur Repair & Volume

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441

Comments

• mimixmimix Posts: 12Registered Users
    I use the rainforest moisture conditioner as a leave in and i like it.
    The shampoos and conditioners are sulfate And silicone free it says so on the lable..
  • NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
    I checked again: my conditioner says "no silicones, no parabens, no colorants" but it doesn't say anything about sulfates...
    CG since March 8th 2013

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441
  • PomegranateCurlPomegranateCurl Posts: 212Registered Users
    erm i don't know about the ...methosulfate question.

I have tried the moisture shampoo, condish and DT, and the blueberry (color care?) condish. I like the conditioners as they seem to promote clumps. The blueberry smells better than the moisture one. The moisture shampoo was too drying.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    It's not a real sulfate and is CG friendly. It's a detangling/conditioning agent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate is not a sulfate. Like Corrina said, it's a conditioning/detangling agent and it's even milder than behentrimonium chloride.

I really like the Rainforest Moisture Conditioner!!! :D My hair felt great after using this.
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline

PT: EO Keratin co
    DT: RO+oils
    Hairgrowth stim.: JBCO+EVCO

www.iherb.com 5-10$ discount code:
    VHT541 Many natural hair products! :D
  • NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
    I'll probably use the shampoo like... on tuesday or so since I only want to change 1 thing at a time to be able to see the progress or bad effects on my hair (I'm already going to use a hair mask today that I've never used before).
    And if that works out ok, I'll probably try the conditioner on thursday (or maybe BRHGgel)
    CG since March 8th 2013