We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Would you think you were pretty if...?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
You were a stranger who just saw you in the street?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Probably not. I'd think I was okay looking, but I wouldn't make the leap to pretty.
    Eres o te haces?
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i think i was avg. nothign special look wise. But since i walk around wearing a headbadn with cat ears, i would probably do a double take and start up a convo with myself.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I probably wouldn't notice me.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,716Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    No, I wouldn't. Not because I think that I'm ugly but I'm average looking and blend in and don't really stand out.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe if I was on a pretty day. I would notice at least. Where I live, I look different.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,681Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Oh heavens no. I don't blend in thanks to my curly grey hair, but otherwise I'm just an average looking Italian lady.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Probably, but I tend to think most people are pretty, or at least have an attractive feature or two.
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Yep.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    yes, not a knockout, but pretty enough
    3c/4a
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Po wrote: »
    yes, not a knockout, but pretty enough
    Pretty enough covers it well enough.

hehehe......
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty enough. I've always been pretty enough, not a great beauty. I'm very OK with that.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,716Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    RCW, I saw your pic on FB & you are very pretty. Maybe more cute, but would definitely turn heads.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Mixny, sugah, you are a supermodel! I what faint from the sight of your inner and outer beauty.
    Pretty enough. I've always been pretty enough, not a great beauty. I'm very OK with that.

Doll,
    You need to go back and see your pictures from some else's perspective. You are effing beautiful and sexy!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,681Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Just goes to show that 'pretty' is subjective. I've seen many of you on facebook lately and you are all cute/pretty/gorgeous to me.
    speckla - you are like a pin up girl. You do NOT blend in!
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most of the time, yes.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    It would depend on my mood. You'd be surprised how many women I think are pretty or beautiful if they are smiling or seem happy.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    Yep!
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I actually make an effort, then I guess I'm pretty enough.

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Not necessarily.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TRBL wrote: »
    Most of the time, yes.

I should have said this. Most of the time.

I was picturing myself at my best effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    No. With straight hair, I look like Jodie Foster. Not pretty, but not ugly.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Novice
    nope...average...nothing to get too excited about
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • DepressedCurlsDepressedCurls Posts: 836Registered Users
    Probably not, not ugly, but not noticeable. Average.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    I would think I was an average-looking, seemingly approachable person.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    I think it would depend, on both my mood and on what effort, if any, I put into my appearance that day. Most days I think I fall into the category of average, but when I make an effort (do my hair, wear some makeup), I think I could be considered pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file