We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

products and scents...

I don't think I care too much what a product smells like.... EXCEPT for the Redken Fresh Curls... I like smelling feminine... and that stuff smells like men's cologne or aftershave... :(
3 b/c curls with bangs.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• redbedheadredbedhead Posts: 25Registered Users
    I love good smelling products, especially if a very light scent lingers. Aveda products smell awesome (as do the Aura knockoffs), the pina colada scented Paul Mitchell Shampoo, Biolage, and various lotions from Bath & Body Works. The only product I used that didn't smell so great was PM Sculpting Foam, but only because the smell went away.
    3A/2B
    Shampoo: anything that smells good and empties my wallet
    Conditioner: ditto
    Mousse: experimenting, but currently HE and Sunsilk.
    Gel: When my hair was longer, I LOVED Batia and Aleeza, combined with ABBA.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Redken's new Smooth Down also smells very masculine -- I don't want people to think I'm wearing men's cologne. And if I had a boyfriend right now, he might think that I had been hanging out with another guy! Seriously, it smells like men's cologne!
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • TorgoTorgo Posts: 1Registered Users
    Herbal Essences work decent for me, but the scent is WAY too strong for me & makes me sneeze :(
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Posts: 88Registered Users
    Torgo wrote:
    Herbal Essences work decent for me, but the scent is WAY too strong for me & makes me sneeze :(

I used the pink one with the roses a few years ago... 5? I was still in HS. I remember people standing 5 feet away from me asking if I used Herbal Essences... they said it smelled good... So yeah, it was strong!
    3 b/c curls with bangs.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users
    I don't usually pick a product because of how it smells, but if it smells good, that's a plus! I love the smell of Nature's Gate Organic Lavender and Aloe shampoo which is great because it's my fave shampoo! I don't like things that are real overpowering or sickly-sweet smelling though.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • dontbrushmicurlsdontbrushmicurls Posts: 2Registered Users
    I love the way Thermasilk stuff smells, so sometimes I use the shampoo, but it can get kinda drying. The conditioner is way too cone-y for me. The scent reminds me of a feminine counterpart to Suave for Men Clarifying shampoo, which my boyfriend uses and I love.
    Dark brown fine 2A/3A layered above-shoulders.
    Johnson and Johnson's honey baby shampoo. Leave-in: Generic PM The Cream. Coconut oil on dry hair for shine and definition.
    And don't brush!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file