We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

*iroc* ... question for you :)

VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Novice
I didn't want to hijack the thread you started about ellen and portia, but wanted to ask you if the tat in your avatar is yours. I've been wondering how painful is a wrist tattoo, and now it seems you may be the perfect person to ask ;) I've been jonesing for a small tattoo for a few years on a body part that I don't think will ever sag. I found this one and really like it:
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Comments

  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No, its not. I love Mickey Mouse stuff and I thought it was so cute.

    I'm sure its not thaaat bad. Besides, most tattoo artists offer a lidocaine gel before they tattoo. A small tattoo like that would be over quick. If your only concern is pain, I say just do it!

    I have one on the upper part of my shoulder, like just below where it starts to curve up to my neck. Thats kind of a sag-less area that didn't really hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thank you! About 90% of it is "will it hurt so bad?" ;) and the other 10% is "am I really brave enough to etch something permanently on my body?" I'm confllcted...the saga continues... :dontknow:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

    I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,609Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I have tats on both of my wrists. They were on the low end of the pain scale compared to my others.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    VTmom wrote: »
    Thank you! About 90% of it is "will it hurt so bad?" ;) and the other 10% is "am I really brave enough to etch something permanently on my body?" I'm confllcted...the saga continues... :dontknow:

    It really doesn't hurt that bad. It becomes more annoying than anything. I kind of like it.

    And the 'permanent' thing becomes a non issue once you actually do it. As long as you don't get something too trendy that you'll lose interest in.

    My first one I didn't agonize over what to get. I was young and I picked a butterfly. It's not 'my favorite butterfly picture in the world!' But I love it bc its part of me.

    My two kids names begin w the letter B, so I have two bumblebees on my shoulder. I will love that one forever.

    And I have about a half dozen I would choose from and get tomorrow if I had the extra money. The older I get the less I worry about regreting it. I haven't yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have tats on both of my wrists. They were on the low end of the pain scale compared to my others.
    iroc wrote: »
    It really doesn't hurt that bad. It becomes more annoying than anything. I kind of like it.

    And the 'permanent' thing becomes a non issue once you actually do it. As long as you don't get something too trendy that you'll lose interest in.

    My first one I didn't agonize over what to get. I was young and I picked a butterfly. It's not 'my favorite butterfly picture in the world!' But I love it bc its part of me.

    My two kids names begin w the letter B, so I have two bumblebees on my shoulder. I will love that one forever.

    And I have about a half dozen I would choose from and get tomorrow if I had the extra money. The older I get the less I worry about regreting it. I haven't yet!

    Sounds like I'd probably survive ;) Y'all are giving me a little confidence!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

    I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do it! Everyone else is!

    Just kidding. Its cool. I like tattoos. I definitely want more. Lots more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EricachristinaEricachristina Posts: 496Registered Users
    I've been wanting a cute ankle tattoo for the longest time. Something pretty but easy to hide if I don't want to show it. I wonder how much the ankle tat will hurt?
    If I do it above the bone will that be less painful?
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ankles hurt a bit. And I think they will be pretty visible. Shorts, skirts, short pants, etc. If thats an issue for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,609Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Everyone is different, but for most people the bonier the area the more it hurts. My ankles, feet, neck and ribs hurt the most.
    Areas with some 'meat' hurt less. Lower back, outer arm, thigh. My boob didn't hurt hardly at all.
    If you're having something simple and small done, I wouldn't worry about the pain factor. It will be over quickly.
    And I'm one of those weirdos who likes the pain of getting a tat. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^ I do too. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,860Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    My lower back hurt a bit, but nothing awful. I fell asleep during the one inside my bikini line.

    For what it's worth, I think waxing is way worse!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file