CurlTalk

Hello, All!

a2jc4lifea2jc4life Posts: 17Registered Users
Hi,

I'm a wavy girl, trying to transition to the CG method, but struggling because my hair is that "in-between" texture.

Apparently, I had some wave as a toddler (as recent photographic discoveries attest), but from preschool on, my hair was straight. Bone straight. Would not take a curl of any kind, for anything. I don't know when it transitioned again - during pregnancy, I think - but a few years ago, a stylist asked me about my waves, and I pretty much said, "What waves?" lol

Right now I think my hair is about a 2A, but I suspect there's potential there for 2B, if I could figure out how to work with it. As it is, it just gets to looking unkempt or frizzy. I can't not brush, or it looks like - well, like I *forgot* to brush it. But then it's frizzy/poufy from being brushed. (I guess it will get past that eventually?)

I had already transitioned away from using chemical-based products so I'm only putting all-natural stuff in/on myself, so I'd really like to find all-natural products I can use with the CG method that won't break the bank. Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• lenielenie Posts: 20Registered Users
    I'm new myself and received some great suggestions over here: (I hope the link works, doing this in my phone lol)

http://m.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/157020-how-does-everyone-feel-about-drugstore-lower-cost-products-get-started.html

I've been starting simple and changing only one product at a time so I can get a good feel for how my hair reacts to certain products and ingredients.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using CurlTalk App
    2b newbie as of 4/8/13
    Fine hair, normal porosity. Still experimenting to determine moisture and protein preferences.

So far.....
    Occasional Wash: SM Shea Butter Curl & Shine
    Co-wash:Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Kiwi Lime

Plopping and diffusing
  • a2jc4lifea2jc4life Posts: 17Registered Users
    Thanks!