We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Joy Bryant's loose waves

hautecocoahautecocoa Posts: 258Registered Users
Does anyone have any tips on getting loose waves a la Joy Bryant on Parenthood without using heat? I stretched out my hair with flexirods but the curls are too tight for my liking. Photo references attached. TIA!
"I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Bette Davis, Cabin in the Cotton

~mix of 4a/b??
~my only staples are TJ Nourish (for cowash/detangling) & Lush henna (bc it's pre-mixed). everything else is still up in the air...

Comments

• my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    Maybe a bun or two twists, one on each side of your head.
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:
  • naturaldollnaturaldoll Posts: 567Registered Users
    you'd have to stretch your hair out first, try banding, or if you don't mind a little heat, blowdrying using tention or a comb attachment. after your hair is stretched part your hair in big sections, 2 3 or 4 depending on how loose you want the waves, and do a braid out. That's the only thing I can think of that would work on natural hair without use of a hot comb/flat iron.
    Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
    BC: March 17, 2012
    Porosity: Low to Normal
    Curl Type: 4a/3c
    Texture: Coarse
    Density: Thick
    Length:shoulder
    24661416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    :love4::afro:
  • claudine19claudine19 Posts: 4,486Registered Users
    I like that green sweater.