We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How often do you keep in touch with your SO throughout the day?

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Just curious. I've always kept in touch kind of often, even in the later stages, at least a few times a day. We both work, have worked(previous dudes). I know some couples don't keep in touch at all, only call/text for a reason.

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We really only call for a reason. We used to work together in our own business so we both really miss being together all day long. But DH really needs to concentrate for his job so I know if I call just to chat I'm pulling him out of deep the consentration he needs to do his work. We do email each other sometimes with mp3s or photos/GIFs we know the other might like.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,777Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    If we aren't going to see each other at all, we text 'good morn' and 'good nite' and a few 'how ya doin' during the day. If we are going to see each other at some point we text to make our plans. He doesn't do computer/email so there's none of that type of contact and we rarely talk on the phone.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Our relationship is still pretty new ( 1 year) so we keep in contact quite a bit. He calls about 2-3xs per day and we text and email frequently.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    We email from time to time; sometimes it's for a reason and sometimes not. :mrgreen:

I rarely ever call him unless I really need something. To me work is work and that means no phone calls unless I have to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    5-10 texts thoughout the day M-F is the norm for me. If we are going to see each other, probably no calls. If we are not going to see each other, usualy a quick call during my drive home or before bed.

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    My relationship is still pretty new but we speak about once a day on average. My man's a chef and he works in a basement where he doesn't get reception so we talk at night. With previous relationships, I kept in contact about every two days or so.

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,742Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cool question.

It depends. Sometimes all day via IM. Sometimes just a couple times. It's rare that I hear from him only once late in the day or not at all. I figure that's when he's super busy, or stressed out, in a bad mood and just needs space. We work together and for a while we'd also see each other several times a day. But my boss told him to stop. Good thing he has an office I can visit instead. And we have meetings we have to be in together maybe twice a week.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We typically talk a few times a day. He has to wait on stuff sometimes and he'll call and chat for a few. I rarely call him unless it's important. I prefer to just send him telepathic messages to call me. He's really bad about checking his messages though.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Not really at all unless one of us has a question then we might text.

Partly this is because neither of us have our phones on us for much of the work day due to the types of jobs we have.
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    Off and on anytime during the day. I don't really keep track. It'll be phone and/or email.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is a very rough estimate, but unless there's a reason, or someone needs something - if it's been like 8 hours or so, I'll shoot a "hi" text. I will almost never talk on the phone. There has to be a real reason for the call. If he's going to be home that night, I'll talk to him then. He'll sometimes get messages of pictures I find on Pinterest that he may like, throughout the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Twice a day. We don't live together.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    I have no current SO but the last one shocked me. I was used to little to no conversations during work time with others, and he blew up my phone. He texted me non stop, all day or night, every day and night. If I did not respond in a few minutes...

Whats wrong? Are you mad? You're being too quiet.

Goodness. It drove me crazy at first, and then I got used to, and then he said I texted too much. What? Dating in my late 30's feels more like 3rd grade.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    He works at home most of the time, so I see him for meals during the day and in the evening...the rest of the time, he's holed up in his office. If he's traveling, we usually just chat each evening on the phone or skype.
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    He works at home most of the time, so I see him for meals during the day and in the evening...the rest of the time, he's holed up in his office. If he's traveling, we usually just chat each evening on the phone or skype.

Bf has had different hours lately so he's home a lot of the day. Its driving me nuts. I'd prefer if the menfolk didn't come home until my day is done and I'm putting the kids to bed. Its really disruptive to my routine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    We only call if it's something important. We talk through text as long as he's not busy. Some days are full of texts and some aren't. Yesterday we talked all through the day from the time I got up at 7:30 until he got off of work at 6:30. We've sent two messages today.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Only when necessary. I mean there are times when there is something I want to tell him and I will call him then and he does the same or an email. Typically we do not contact each other at all during the work day. But he always calls when he leaves work so I have clue as to when he will be home. He does not have a set time when he leaves-it varies anywhere from 5 to 6:30 pm and he has an hour drive. It helps with planning dinner :)
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iroc wrote: »

Bf has had different hours lately so he's home a lot of the day. Its driving me nuts. I'd prefer if the menfolk didn't come home until my day is done and I'm putting the kids to bed. Its really disruptive to my routine.

I'm used to it. I kinda like him anyway. ;)
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I have no current SO but the last one shocked me. I was used to little to no conversations during work time with others, and he blew up my phone. He texted me non stop, all day or night, every day and night. If I did not respond in a few minutes...

Goodness. It drove me crazy at first, and then I got used to, and then he said I texted too much. What? Dating in my late 30's feels more like 3rd grade.

Sounds like a needy guy. Before my current SO, I often went every other day or two between contact with others. With this guy, it's been nearly every day. And he hates texting and doesn't do a lot of email so it's mainly been phone calls. Granted, it's once a day, but I wasn't used to it and for a while, I felt stifled. But then, I'm an introvert and need some time alone. I don't need company constantly like a number of other people do. I'm sure that if he didn't have a job where he got bad reception, we'd be speaking several times a day.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    Fifi.G wrote: »

Sounds like a needy guy. Before my current SO, I often went every other day or two between contact with others. With this guy, it's been nearly every day. And he hates texting and doesn't do a lot of email so it's mainly been phone calls. Granted, it's once a day, but I wasn't used to it and for a while, I felt stifled. But then, I'm an introvert and need some time alone. I don't need company constantly like a number of other people do. I'm sure that if he didn't have a job where he got bad reception, we'd be speaking several times a day.

It became kind of cute, like that first crush you could not stop talking to, but still a bit overwhelming. He was needy, and also had a wandering eye. The abrupt change was a pretty good indication that he was rapid fire texting someone else.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In normal situations with men over 30 who do not think they are 19, I would say once or twice a day is pretty normal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I see his ass when I see his ass. LoL'

We work on the same campus.

Take 1st break together.
    Sleep together.
    Ride together.
    Eat together

God HELP!!!

Too much TOGETHER!!!
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We IM and text throughout the day and evening. We only see each other on weekends and we both hate talking on the phone, so text/IM are the main ways we stay in touch during the week.
  • Always@nightAlways@night Posts: 566Registered Users
    Throughout the day by call/text/ and in person. More than usual we spend a lot of time together. We both work but still see each other everyday, call throughout the day, eat together, relax together.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We text/voxer (like a talking text app) throughout the day and night, and sometimes facetime if we don't see each other for a few days. We hardly ever talk on the regular phone.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I could probably count the times we've spoken on the phone on my fingers, and we've been together 5 years. Unless the relationship is long distance, or another reason you can't get together--say, teenagers without a car and a curfew--then I don't really see the point of talking on the phone all the time, personally.

Before living together we would probably email at least once per day, and then text in the evenings around 5-10 texts within a 30-60 minute "text conversation". And we'd see each other a couple times/week.

After living together, we really see each other every night, even if it's only for half an hour after he gets home and before I go to bed. We still email at least once per day, and in the evenings when I'm home and he's not we often text a few times. Usually pictures of the sleeping puppy. :-)

My brother and his wife are the kind of couple that are in CONSTANT phone contact. I often think it's incredibly rude and disrespectful. For instance, if he's out somewhere and she couldn't go, or didn't want to go, for whatever reason, it's rude for her to call him, right? He's obviously out with other people. I mean, if you need something in particular, fine, but just to call? I don't get it.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm more on the needy side and I was surprised that the bf is the same way, if not more. Now it's less but still a good amount.

Both of us use skype (for chatting) and have it on all day so we have each other 'on demand' lol. We usually know what we've had for lunch, when we have meetings, etc. He'll meet up with me sometimes for lunch(he works from home and is only a few miles from me). We don't live together and see each other everyday except once a week on avg.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,177Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Who Me? wrote: »
    My brother and his wife are the kind of couple that are in CONSTANT phone contact. I often think it's incredibly rude and disrespectful. For instance, if he's out somewhere and she couldn't go, or didn't want to go, for whatever reason, it's rude for her to call him, right? He's obviously out with other people. I mean, if you need something in particular, fine, but just to call? I don't get it.

Yea that could be weird, but may they just like keeping in touch? We're sort of the same way but no calling unless necessary. If we are at a social event or even if I'm home w/out him, we usually 'check in' and text at least every couple hours. We haven't been together that long so maybe it would change in the future.

I thought of this topic because my former boss once was playfully complaining about his friend and his wife and how they stay in touch all the time and they know each other's every move throughout the day and his (my boss) wife only calls him if somethings wrong. I guess I'm more like that 'annoying' couple lol.
  • cmb4314cmb4314 Posts: 984Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DH and I email back and forth during the day. Usually, it's about two emails apiece, either discussing plans or just talking about our day. We have a long thread of emails in Gmail that we just keep adding onto (though, this behavior has taught us that Gmail cuts off an email chain at 100 replies, lol)

Email works well because it's not disruptive to one another. We only call if it's important.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file