CurlTalk

HELP a newbie with "mushy"/undefined curls and new gels!!

I need major HELP! I've been reading and researching as much as I can to no avail, so I need the expertise of my fellow curlies!

I have been CG since June 2012, but for the past 5 months have used strictly Deva products which worked well for me. This past month, I've ventured out, trying new gels/products that are HG products for other curlies with similar properties to me (see my siggie!). I've tried the Ecostyler gel, ic hair polishing gel, and KCCC all with and without the addition of SM Smoothie. Every single time, without fail in all of these combos, my hair turns out with awful curl definition, the hair "separates" and becomes "airy" although not frizzy, and might qualify as "mushy." Even when I put on A TON of gel, it still comes out as if the gels have no hold at all, although so many other curlies say that these gels usually give them too much crunch!!! I WISH I HAD CRUNCH TO SCRUNCH OUT! Ugh.

I'm a newbie at these other products, and despite intense researching of the forums, I'm clueless as to what the issue is here. Maybe an ingredient such as protein or glycerin or something that my hair is reacting to? A part of my routine that I'm doing incorrectly? I'm using the Deva no-poo roughly once a week, the Suave natural condish when I co-wash instead of no-poo, and Generic Conditioning Balm from Sally's as my moisturizing condish. I can always go back to the Deva gel (the arc anGel), but it's so expensive and hard to access. Anyone have any insight, diagnosis, anything??? The first two pictures are of happy, defined curls with the Deva gel. The third picture (I apologize for the low quality) show the unhappy, undefined "mushy" curls. THANKS to anyone helping me figure this out! It's so frustrating :banghead:
2c with some 2b & 3a
Fine Strands, High Density, Low Porosity
CG since June 2012
<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>
CLEANSERS: As I Am Coconut Cowash
CLARIFYING: SM Jamaican Black Castor Oil
DETANGLER/LI: SM Low Porosity, KCKT
RINSE OUT: Deva Delight, Suave Naturals
STYLERS: Jessicurl Spiralicious, KCCC, Deva Supercream

Comments

• chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    Deva gel has protein, so it sounds like your hair likes some. The other gels you listed are more like jellies, and won't give you the same hold possibly. I always have to use a gel over jellies and my hair properties are similar to yours. Gels I'm liking right now, in add to arcangel, are garnier pure clean and herbal essences set me up. Lots of curlies rave about la looks sport gel (blue one). I haven't used it, but plan to- it also has protein, so would be a good one for you to try. It's dirt cheap, too. I hope you find a solution- there's definitely a huge difference between your pics!

Forgot to say that I don't use the smoothie now as a styler- it is very heavy and weighs my curls down. Every now and again I use a teeny tiny bit to seal my ends only. It will probably end up on the swap boards.

I also like the HE mousse...has crunch and hold if you use enough (3 palmfulls for me). But mousses, IME, tend to flake.

Since arcangel was working so well, you can order it on amazon- that's where I get mine! It's $16/ 12 oz, or $27/ 32 oz...a 6 oz tube of HE was $4 I think, which would equal $20/ 32 oz, so if you buy the huge bottle of deva, it's really not that much more expensive in the end.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    My hair gets like that with Ecostyler. It's not good. With KCCC too if I dont use a gel over the top.
    I need a hard hold gel to get good definition. I use LA Looks Sport gel
    Also over conditioning can cause mushy hair.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,255Registered Users
    I'll second the LALSG suggestion. It has glycerin and protein, like the Deva gel you like. Also, as Crimson said, "mushy" hair is a giveaway for overmoisturized hair, which can be corrected by increasing your protein. KCCC and SM Smoothie are both fairly moisturizing. You might want to try Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, which is super hard hold (a little goes a long way). It has protein but is glycerin free.

On glycerin, it's a humectant which will pull moisture from the air and into the hair when the dewpoints rise. That's fine for some, but for others, esp. if they're high porosity, the glycerin can pull in too much moisture, causing frizz and poof.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • shalomcurlsshalomcurls Posts: 27Registered Users
    EVERYONE THANK YOU SO MUCH for your advice!! It's so interesting, I've always read on forums here about most people staying away from protein, and wanting more moisture, but apparently my hair is the opposite! I will try a harder hold gel probably the LALSG since several of you mentioned it and it's not as spendy :) As for the Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, where can you find it? I looked for it at Sally's and Super Target but neither of the stores carried it. Is it one of the products only available online?
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,255Registered Users
    Walmart should have it. I know my local one does.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm surprised Taghet didn't have it! That's where I got it. Me, I'd spend the extra fit the super big Deva gel. I think it really does bring the price down. I'd try saving elsewhere. You can spend an awful lot of money searching for a gel that works that you could have used toward the one you already know does work.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay thanks, I'll check a Walmart then. Maybe that Target just ran out? And yes, I likely will go back to the Deva Gel seeing as these other products so far just don't compare unless LALSG wins me over. I got the 32 oz arc anGEL for $40 at the salon that did my Devacut back in October, now that I know from Chloe92us gets it online for only $27 I am thrilled!!! :hello1:
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
  • Chris1965Chris1965 Posts: 43Registered Users
    I need major HELP! I've been reading and researching as much as I can to no avail, so I need the expertise of my fellow curlies!

I have been CG since June 2012, but for the past 5 months have used strictly Deva products which worked well for me. This past month, I've ventured out, trying new gels/products that are HG products for other curlies with similar properties to me (see my siggie!). I've tried the Ecostyler gel, ic hair polishing gel, and KCCC all with and without the addition of SM Smoothie. Every single time, without fail in all of these combos, my hair turns out with awful curl definition, the hair "separates" and becomes "airy" although not frizzy, and might qualify as "mushy." Even when I put on A TON of gel, it still comes out as if the gels have no hold at all, although so many other curlies say that these gels usually give them too much crunch!!! I WISH I HAD CRUNCH TO SCRUNCH OUT! Ugh.

I'm a newbie at these other products, and despite intense researching of the forums, I'm clueless as to what the issue is here. Maybe an ingredient such as protein or glycerin or something that my hair is reacting to? A part of my routine that I'm doing incorrectly? I'm using the Deva no-poo roughly once a week, the Suave natural condish when I co-wash instead of no-poo, and Generic Conditioning Balm from Sally's as my moisturizing condish. I can always go back to the Deva gel (the arc anGel), but it's so expensive and hard to access. Anyone have any insight, diagnosis, anything??? The first two pictures are of happy, defined curls with the Deva gel. The third picture (I apologize for the low quality) show the unhappy, undefined "mushy" curls. THANKS to anyone helping me figure this out! It's so frustrating :banghead:

Ok this is off your topic, but I like the way your hair is in the bang area and the area that frames your face. How do you get volume there or style it? Mine is always too flat to my head! Thanks!
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    ...now that I know from Chloe92us gets it online for only $27 I am thrilled!!! :hello1:

I am an amazon JUNKIE. I literally order anything and everything from them! The other thing to consider, is you pay no sales tax, so it's like an additional discount!

Here's the link:

Amazon.com: Deva Care Arc Angel Firm Hold Defining Gel, 32-Ounce Bottle: Beauty
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • NeekolassifyNeekolassify Posts: 20Registered Users
    YES! Try LALSG c: It's my staple, and I have thiiiiick 3a curly/wavy curls! It gives a lot of hold, but don't touch your hair when it's wet, because that can give you some frizzies and mushy curls.
  • NeekolassifyNeekolassify Posts: 20Registered Users
    Also, I've tried IC curl polisher.. That's a lighter hold gel for me as well, which can pave way to some frizz. it's better for braidouts or pin curl sets or something, but i don't do those too often
    Chris1965 wrote: »
    Ok this is off your topic, but I like the way your hair is in the bang area and the area that frames your face. How do you get volume there or style it? Mine is always too flat to my head! Thanks!

No worries about being off topic Chris 1965- the forum threads are really just tools for all of us curlies to support and learn from one another, right?! :) I'm guessing you are referring to the first picture? It's kind of hard to tell, but my very front piece of hair is actually pinned back with a really small clip. I'll put a picture down below from that same day. I'm smelling a candle in it that I got as a gift, I know it's kinda odd but that's the only picture I had where you could see the clip at all.

I have SO much stinkin' hair, so I often pin the front piece back. For me, bangs just don't work (or at least pre-CG they didn't) and it gets really tiring having so much hair in my face all the time LOL! As for volume, have you tried using a duckbill clip at the roots for volume when your hair is airdyring? I do that because I plop after washing my hair which makes it really flat on top. I usually struggle with volume at my roots even despite using clips, so I'd love to hear other advice anyone has about that!!

Chloe92us, YOU ROCK! Thanks for the link dear :)

Neekolassify, you just might convert me... :) and thanks for the warnings! I'm awful about not touching my hair. I need to be more disciplined about that!
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
    Oh! Another question. So, the SM Smoothie has Silk Protein in it, however it sounds like from some of your posts that one of my problems could be a lack of protein since not using the Deva Arc Angell that has protein in it. Is silk protein lighter or not as protein-rich as other kinds of protein? Should I be looking for other sources/kinds of protein to add to my daily routine? Or do you think that just a true "gel" instead of "jelly" on top of the Smoothie should do the trick? I know I'll need to try it out, but the next few months are crazy busy for me since I'll be graduating soon! :wav: I won't really have extra time to focus on experimenting. I'm still pretty unfamiliar with kinds of protein. Thanks!
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
  • Chris1965Chris1965 Posts: 43Registered Users
    Thanks Shalomcurls! I have thought about duck bill clips but have never tried them. I guess I will try to figure that out now!
  • stefflg79stefflg79 Posts: 85Registered Users
    Cashing your post too! I'm liking the DevaCurl Gel, but not the price as well. For those who have tried the LA Gel, does it work like Deva angel? I hate the hard cast that some gels give, but really like how the Deva products break the cast and leave soft pretty curls.
    Fine/Thin hair (low density)
    Normal porosity
    Normal Elasticity

Techniques: Modified Super Soaker, plopping, pixe diffusing, clipping

Low poo: Acure, Y2Cukes
    Co Wash: SNRS, Suave Tropical Coconut
    RO: Y2C
    Style: FSG (HG!!!!), with HETT & BRHG or Devacurl Ultra light defining Gel
    PT: IAGirls Gelatin
    DT: GVP CB mixed with Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Agave (or honey).

Favorite Styling tools: Devafuser, Deva clips & Flour Sack Towels
    stefflg79, I'm going to try the LALS gel in a week or so, and I'll be sure to let you know how I think it compares to the Deva gel!!
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Another gel suggestion -- Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel. It's CG, available on the ground at Whole Foods (but perhaps other places, too. I got it at WF), and definitely more affordable that DC Arch AnGEL. I haven't used it long myself, but so far I like it very much and plan to keep it in my rotation of products.

Btw, I learned long ago that it's touch and go when it comes to trying products that other curlies rave about. :lol: It just comes with the territory when dealing with hair...What works miracles for one head of hair just doesn't for another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
    I thought I would follow up and let you all know how things worked out for me in case anyone ever is wondering. I got the LALSG, and my hair definitely likes it. I have defined curls once again, YAY!!! Thanks so much for your advice everyone! However, if I try for 2nd or 3rd day hair, my roots start looking like they are greasy, but they aren't when I touch them. This only happens on 2nd/3rd day hair when I originally used the LALSG. I don't know if this is common or not for others. My curl pattern is also a lot less curly when I use LALSG, but I have still been using the SM Smoothie so perhaps the combination is too heavy for my already long weighed-down hair.

I think I'm going to try the LALSG without the SM Smoothie for awhile to see if it makes a difference in the curl pattern and appearance of greasiness. I might also try the biosilk rock hard gelee and see how that works for me. In the end, I will probably go back to the deva Arcangel, because so far it's worked better than anything else!!!

I'll try to remember to post again after results of trying the others in case anyone in the future reads this thread trying to find the solution to the same issues I have.
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
  • awelcomeawelcome Posts: 167Registered Users
    I love having visual aids! Your undefined/mushy pic looks a lot like my hair lately. Our properties are a little different, but I had started to come to the conclusion that I was over-moisturized and in need of more protein as well. Our situations are a little different in that I realize some of my issue is from my lack of using any type of gels at this point as I am still trying to figure out which I should try, but I was having a lot more definition not long ago and I think I just got too much moisture. It helps to see the pic because even though I thought that could be the issue there were times I wondered if it was dry because it looks so "dry" by appearance even though it feels soft enough. And it gets frizzy which makes it feel a little less soft than it is too. Anyway, thanks for this thread and I will keep trying to up my protein and look for a good gel or something for me.
    My Hair:
    2c
    Fine, low porosity, med/high density
    BSL - going for mid back to waist

HG: currently
    just washing with a low poo that contains protein (Alba Naturals Coconut) and using Suave Naturals Coconut as both a RO and LI. No stylers right now, but this gives me pretty good curl, definition, low-ish frizz, and it feels and looks good. Also an occasional PT (liking the Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula which has cones) seems to be key for me.

Modified CG since February 2013

Glad this could be of help to you awelcome! Yeah, it took me awhile too to come to the conclusion that my hair was "mushy" in the first place b/c of the frizz, and how it looks dry as you mentioned. I love visuals too! So much easier to understand what people mean then!!:cheers:
    2c with some 2b & 3a
    CG since June 2012
    I did a PT I found at Target today called Palmer's coconut something (had been waiting since it had a cone I realized after getting it) and my hair seemed to really love it. After that it was already curlier, but the way I styled it that day left it frizzy and undefined still. Then I cut my hair a little, and ended up rewashing using a bit of suave naturals coconut which I haven't used before as a quick RO/Detangle and then a little more to leave in and suddenly my curls are tighter, bouncier and more defined again! Just gotta work on the back but I think that PT was a good fit for me.
    My Hair:
    2c

just washing with a low poo that contains protein (Alba Naturals Coconut) and using Suave Naturals Coconut as both a RO and LI. No stylers right now, but this gives me pretty good curl, definition, low-ish frizz, and it feels and looks good. Also an occasional PT (liking the Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula which has cones) seems to be key for me.

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    awelcome wrote: »
    I did a PT I found at Target today called Palmer's coconut something (had been waiting since it had a cone I realized after getting it) and my hair seemed to really love it. After that it was already curlier, but the way I styled it that day left it frizzy and undefined still. Then I cut my hair a little, and ended up rewashing using a bit of suave naturals coconut which I haven't used before as a quick RO/Detangle and then a little more to leave in and suddenly my curls are tighter, bouncier and more defined again! Just gotta work on the back but I think that PT was a good fit for me.

Might be the coconut oil as much as/ more than the protein content, coconut always makes my hair curlier and bouncier. If I've found the right product the silk protein is two further ingredients below the fragrance, there doesn't seem to be much present. There are three silicones in it not just one, silicones are suffix -cone, -conol and -xane.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
    It is likely the same... and yes it has three cones. The silk protein is lower, but there is hydrolized keratin up fairly high on list, just before the coconut oil. I wouldn't attribute any positive reactions in my hair to the coconut oil because my hair seems to actually hate coconut oil. I have used it as DT before and had poor results, and it doesn't leave my hair softer or curlier.

The specific name (and I was going to make a separate post later to see if anyone else tried it before) is Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E. Then it says deep conditioning protein pack. with coconut milk, keratin, and silk protein. So three different proteins.

I use a low poo pretty much every day so I am not too concerned about the cones if it does this well with my hair.
    My Hair:
    2c

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    awelcome wrote: »
    It is likely the same... and yes it has three cones. The silk protein is lower, but there is hydrolized keratin up fairly high on list, just before the coconut oil. I wouldn't attribute any positive reactions in my hair to the coconut oil because my hair seems to actually hate coconut oil. I have used it as DT before and had poor results, and it doesn't leave my hair softer or curlier.

The specific name (and I was going to make a separate post later to see if anyone else tried it before) is Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E. Then it says deep conditioning protein pack. with coconut milk, keratin, and silk protein. So three different proteins.

I use a low poo pretty much every day so I am not too concerned about the cones if it does this well with my hair.

Interesting: I must be looking at old formulas, can't see any listings with hydrolysed keratin! It's good they have added that and higher up too - the old formula is keratin amino acids which are water soluble and too tiny to remain in or on the hair. The protein in coconut milk will likely not penetrate at all, it's too large a molecule.

Some people find coconut oil in moderation/ within a balanced formula behaves very differently to straight oil, much the same as ingredients like aloe vera I guess.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
    once I get the kids to bed I will make a post about it and list out the ingredients so I am not hijacking her thread so much lol, sorry!
    My Hair:
    2c

• rainboerainboe Posts: 284Registered Users
    I thought I would follow up and let you all know how things worked out for me in case anyone ever is wondering. I got the LALSG, and my hair definitely likes it. I have defined curls once again, YAY!!! Thanks so much for your advice everyone! However, if I try for 2nd or 3rd day hair, my roots start looking like they are greasy, but they aren't when I touch them. This only happens on 2nd/3rd day hair when I originally used the LALSG. I don't know if this is common or not for others. My curl pattern is also a lot less curly when I use LALSG, but I have still been using the SM Smoothie so perhaps the combination is too heavy for my already long weighed-down hair.

I think I'm going to try the LALSG without the SM Smoothie for awhile to see if it makes a difference in the curl pattern and appearance of greasiness. I might also try the biosilk rock hard gelee and see how that works for me. In the end, I will probably go back to the deva Arcangel, because so far it's worked better than anything else!!!

I'll try to remember to post again after results of trying the others in case anyone in the future reads this thread trying to find the solution to the same issues I have.

Dude, 2C high five. :occasion5: Your hair looks a lot like mine, pattern wise. It's super pretty. Is it possible you actually have fine/normal hair instead of course/normal? Overconditoned and protein craving are traits of fine hair. I know when I first got here I figured my hair was course/normal, but it's actually fine. That helped me realize I needed to incorporate protein, and I figured out that many of the products that work for me are probably partly working because of the protein.

Another thing is could the fluffy hair also be weather related? I spend winters in Kentucky, and I get some great, defined hair. Then I come to the deep South for the summer, and the humidity makes me hair bigger and puffier. My hair can get a bit undefined and my second day hair isn't as good. If you're using a humectant like glycerin or honey, that might be contributing to your overconditioning problem. glycerin is hard to avoid, but you can try to lessen it's use to see if it works. I don't notice a big difference, but some people have.

I would totally try a protein treatment if your hair is still digging the protein. The gelatin one on this site is cheap, easy, and pretty great. :love5:

Also, if you don't normally clarify, you might need a clarifying shampoo. At least when I tried the IC gel, it had cones in it? I don't know if they've reformulated since then, but it might be worth checking.
    Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity. Dyed to brown a few months ago.
    Lowpoo: Trader Joe's TTT Shampoo
    Rinse Out:
    Yes to Carrots, AOHR, Aubrey Organics Rosemary Peppermint
    LI: Yes to Carrots
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, LA Looks Sports, Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Mousse
  • PomegranateCurlPomegranateCurl Posts: 212Registered Users
    Shalom, have you tried the SheaMoisture Coconut/Hibiscus Milk rather than the Smoothie? SheaMoisture Organic Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk - NaturallyCurly.com It also has silk protein, but no glycerin unlike the smoothie and is lighter. If you're having problems with overconditioning/product weigh down this may be a better fit for you in terms of a leave-in or pre-gel product.

Milk formulation:

Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Isopropyl Myristate, Sugar Starch, Silk Protein, EssenQal Oil Blend, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Caprylyl glycol, Sorbitol Esters, Algae Extract, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Daucus Carota SaQva (Carrot) Seed Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

The Smoothie is much heavier and is full of butters, oils and other emollients. It does have silk protein in it but all the butters/oils/emollients/humectants may be undoing what the silk protein in it is doing... does that make sense?

Smoothie formulation:

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem), Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot), Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle), Tocopherol (Vitamin E)