CurlTalk

How do you sharpen eye liner pencils like this?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
revlon-grow-luscious-liner-onyx.jpg

The point is similar to the type you see with retractable liners, though it is not one.

To complicate things, the formula is very creamy. I was just reading reviews for this pencil on makeupalley (purchased it earlier) and people wound up mangling it while attempting sharpening.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• redlipstickredlipstick Posts: 213Registered Users

The point is similar to the type you see with retractable liners, though it is not one.

To complicate things, the formula is very creamy. I was just reading reviews for this pencil on makeupalley (purchased it earlier) and people wound up mangling it while attempting sharpening.
    I put my creamy pencils in the freezer for a few minutes and sharpen with my best sharpener. Seems to work.
    Team Wash and Go!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Is the pencil made of plastic or some other hard material that can't be sharpened like a regular eye pencil? If so, I asked this same question once. Freezing is a good idea. Someone also suggested using a metal nail file and gently filing the eyeliner to a point.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Is the pencil made of plastic or some other hard material that can't be sharpened like a regular eye pencil? If so, I asked this same question once. Freezing is a good idea. Someone also suggested using a metal nail file and gently filing the eyeliner to a point.

Yes. I don't understand what's supposed to happen after the liner has been used down to the point the casing starts.

Until then, I'll give freezing a shot and just use my regular eyeliner sharpener.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    You could try using a sharp penknife to sharpen the pencil. Artists use knives rather than sharpeners to sharpen their soft pastels and charcoal pencils.
  • Truqueen01Truqueen01 Posts: 202Registered Users
    I put my NYX jumbo pencils in freezer for about 15 minutes & was able to use my large sharpener w/I problem. I felt like an idiot not being able to advance since more familiar with retractable ones. Ladies on my FB makeup group gave me the tip.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I use the Mac pencil sharpener. Never had issues